View Single Post
Old 03-31-2018, 01:06 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppressive View Post
could all be avoided if they just went with a double email confirmation
Oh definately, I agree that email confirmation would be more feasible, but there is still
"some" members out there who don't have access to the original email they used, so
it ends up the same scenario. If you read through all the back-dated issues of passwords
and accounts here, you would notice many indicating they "don't have that email anymore",
or "can't get into it". No matter what kind of system is in place, even if it is working
smoothly, it's going to involve players needing to remember passwords, and/or maintaining
email access. The big percentage of this issue is with players who quit for a long time
and came back without remembering anything, lost account info, don't have same email,
don't have same phone. etc.
Something I do myself, (just in case), I go into my email and send an email to myself
with all my accounts and some "hints" at what the passwords are. Although I have a
great memory and have never needed to reference it, it's there, just in case I need it.
But to do it that way, one only has to remember one email, one password and keep it
active. It's a no-fail solution. But again, if one forgets that email/password, it's back
to the drawing board, haha
Of course the biggest problem here, is convincing the admin's of who you really are,
if you can't give enough info to prove you're the owner of the account. So that's an
obvious security in place. Anyone can be anybody on the internet.
Even, back when I played on live, I had a few accounts and there was some info that
one was (very strictly enforced), not able to be changed, so the owner of the account
could easily identify him/herself. I like that concept myself.
I know some people don't have as good of memory as others, mine does ok. Last month
I logged into an old, old yahoo email I had in 2001'ish but any and all accounts and
passwords, for everything I do, (online banking, etc), there is none of those important
personal logins written or typed anywhere. It's all just in memory.