View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 08:47 PM
Windcatcher
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by wexford View Post
Oh one more thing about item iconsthe reason I cant figure out the order, is for instance the Cloth Cap item has an icon id of 505 but it is in items1.tga bottom row first column. So what I was asking is what the id's are and or how to figure out the pattern of how you numbered them

Just point the admin tool (newest version: this is is important) at the folder where SimpleClient's icon files are and it will use them. Icons start at ID 500 and progress top-to-bottom, left-to-right. Don't ask me why, this is simply the way the live client does it and I decided to use the same scheme since it made life a lot easier when adding support for SimpleClient to the admin tool. You can always add new icon files, the client will load as many as are there as long as they're numbered consecutively. Same goes for the admin tool; they're designed to be expandable.

There is no encryption at this time. I don't know anything about it and it's a low priority given all of the other things on people's wish lists.

You should always export the BSP tree from OpenZone. The file format supports either, but SimpleClient only supports BSP trees. More to the point, my 3D engine only supports them.