Thread: Ornamentions
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2011, 02:28 AM
trevius
Developer

Ornamentations are not implemented into EQEmu yet, so they won't work for anyone. They don't look like they would be overly hard to implement, but I am not sure of the best way to do it yet. I think we would probably need an extra 2 fields added to the inventory table for ornament icon and model number. Then we would just send that info in place of the ones that are loaded from the items table.

The implementation of the actual combine for ornamentations might be a bit harder to do. There is nothing in the ornament that tells us what model it is supposed to make the combined item look like. There is an icon for it, IIRC, just no model. I don't think there is anything on it that tells it what slots to restrict it to either. IIRC, there is a script file number filled out on the items, so I assume they may have called a script that had a list of what ornamentations use which models and what their slot restrictions are. I am not exactly sure on the best way to handle the actual combine part.