Thread: AllaClone 2.0
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 01:09 PM
trevius
Developer

Well, the dynamic tooltip stuff isn't released yet. It still needs a couple of minor changes. For one thing, it currently looks for an IP address in the URL instead of a domain name. I just need to figure out a good work-around for parsing out the URL and getting the correct information that is required so it can work for any site. If ZAM tooltips work on your site, then these already should as well if you use the IP of your server instead of the domain name when you create the link to the item.

Of course, you will still need the rest of the files that are used by the tooltips from the AllaClone if you want them to work against your own server's items. For example, the javascript actually references a page that builds the tooltip as a js function from another page. Here is an example:

Item:
http://69.168.254.243/AllaClone/incl...1001&type=item

Spell:
http://69.168.254.243/AllaClone/incl...=11&type=spell

BTW, I had to do a lot of searching through ZAM tooltip stuff to get the dynamic tooltips working. I am guessing they noticed me directly hitting their tooltip url like the one I linked above, which probably isn't normally accessed directly. Literally 2 days later, the ZAM tooltip javascript was rewritten a bit and obfuscated lol. Not only that, but they had also updated the EQ item tooltips to show an icon. Since it has been the old way for years, I can only assume that I triggered them to make that change. I imagine they saw our server hitting theirs and maybe saw our tooltips (which I think look better) and figured it was time to update theirs. I also noticed that they set their tooltips to load above the cursor instead of below. This is probably because they had a bug that caused tooltips to load in the wrong position until the mouse was moved if they were partially off of the screen. I figured out the fix, so ours still loads from the bottom, just without the bug.