View Single Post
Old 03-03-2006, 12:35 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Yes, they are global if you follow the 2 rules. It has to go into a gequip file (gequip8 for example) that will replace the existing one AND it has to be named IT#### (IT followed by a number).

You should be aware that you are replacing the gequip file and all models in it will be lost. The IT number you choose should be unique and not used elsewhere.

I think I need to talk to Windcatcher. I have had an added step. I have renamed the gequip#_chr.s3d file to gequip#.s3d and used s3dspy to rename the wld file in the s3d to gequip#.wld.

I've found another use for this process too. I've created objects.

In the tower in the manhattan zone there is a "treasury" level with treasure chests and a safe. I thought it would be fun to have coins laying on the floor. So I created a coin model, used it on 5 different items and used ground spawns to randomly place them on the floor. 150 of them! Each coin type has a dufferent value and there are more of the less valued ones and fewer of the valuable ones. Since they are named the same and use the same model, players will be running around picking them up, not knowing the value until they reach a merchant to sell them to.

I've also created piles of dirt, which I think would go nicely in the juno zone. Get one of them and water, combine in a gold pan container and you have gold panning tradeskill! Nazareth, on the Dark Realms server, loved the idea and was thinking it could be used to get other metals or gems. I made some gem models too. As far as I know, no one has used the ground spawn feature of the server like this.

There are a lot of possibilities. Easter egg hunt anyone?