View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 02:33 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQEMU2010 View Post
Do you have an ETA on when BETA Testing will begin? this year even? Seems like a big project.

Players can play it and test it right now, actually! I'm not sure I'm going to do an alpha-beta progression, instead right now I'm working on ensuring the most critical parts are in and once I'm happy and the community is happy, I'll be launching officially. So, if anything, it's in beta right now.

Note that it is heavily in development still, and there is only a couple GMs, so crashes, incomplete classes/systems, bad content (from peq) are a thing and will happen. (The experience is not best) And yes, it will be wiped before any official launches. Will likely create a reward for players paticipating in the testing however. I also do try to ensure that the current "live" server is as stable as possible, and so far it seems to be decent in that regard.

> Join us at Discord <.

Come chat in discord, and let me know if you're interested in joining. I'll repeat the above disclaimers, let you join in and flag your character to gain access from now on while it's locked. Even if you don't plan to test or join until launch, feel free to hop on discord, I try to discuss any matters I'm not so sure what direction to go, and love to hear input.

I try to keep this log file up to date as well: https://github.com/rebuildeq/rebuildeq/wiki

A side note, as players test, we created a new command called #issue. If a player hold something on your cursor, target an NPC or player, and type e.g. "#issue This thing is broken, help!" it creates a github issue for me to look into. If you type "#issue" by itself, it will list any previously created issues you made and a status of the progress of it being fixed or not. This way, you can track and report things without me having to be there. (I released the concept here - http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40449)
It gives details like this:

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com

Last edited by Shin Noir; 05-26-2016 at 07:46 PM..