View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 08:44 PM
trevius
Developer

MQ2 will not get the info needed to populate zones in EQEmu. MQ2 reads memory to get the info it uses, and that is of little use to our project. In the past, we had packet collectors that worked more like ShowEQ (vs working like MQ2), which read the packets coming into your EQLive connection and then make that info usable. But, even ShowEQ is of little use to us, since it doesn't really collect data in a format we can easily use.

What we need is to get the packet collector and extractor tools working again. I believe that the collector is functional now, but the extractor that then takes the info that the collector collected and puts it into the actual database is not yet functional. I think they are still working to even get it to compile properly. Once it can compile, we would still need to update all of the opcodes for Live and the packet structures as well. Some progress has been made, but it has been pretty slow and I haven't seen any updates from Andrew80k or anyone else who was working on it for a while now.