View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 10:20 AM
pharone1
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
Evolving items are more that just scaling items .. and they are not yet implemented.
In that case, I would likely make a series of different weapons that are in essence "evolved" versions of the weapon. Then I would award the next version (evolution) of the weapon to the user upon some trigger (level, quest completion, or something).

Mainly I'm looking to have a very small number of weapons in the game. There will only ever be one playable class in the game, and the way it is played is based off of what choices the user makes along the way. The weapons will basically be the epic 1.0/2.0 weapons.

A user may choose to use the SK epic in their primary for life tap procs (highly modified from what it is currently), and Cleric epic in secondary for heal procs. They might swap in the Ranger epic for slow procs or Necro epic for DOT procs using the bandolier.

The more they kill particular types of mobs, the more certain weapons they have evolve.

For example, killing skeletons, ghosts, and zombies helps evolve the SK weapon. At it's base level, the SK weapon would offer a small life tap proc. At higher levels of the SK weapon, it would have a large life tap proc, snare proc, and bane damage towards Skeletons, Ghosts, and Zombies.