View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 07:45 AM
ninchaokin
Fire Beetle

Default Error 1017 After Update

Hello everyone,
I have had a private server running for about a year. I've been able to connect no problem and play along with non-local players. Well, tonight I decided to go and download the latest updates after I finished playing with friends. I updated the maps, opcodes, quests, plugins, lua_modules, and utility_scripts, as well as windows_server_latest and windows _server_bots_latest. After running throught he update however, now none of my clients can get anything but Error 1017 when trying to connect... I can't figure out what the update could have changed that would cause this... Any ideas where I might look?

The logs don't provide anything in the way of answers.

[Login] [Info] Client is authenticating from a local address [Redacted]
[Login] [Info] Client authentication response: world_address [Redacted] client_address [Redacted]
[Login] [Info] Sending Client Authentication Response ls_account_id [1] ls_name [local] name [Redacted] key [Redacted] ls_admin [0] world_admin [0] ip [Redacted] local [1]
[Login] [Info] Client disconnected from the server, removing client

On the client I get kicked back to server select after a period of Black screen with the error 1017 cannot login to the everquest server, you may need to re-run the update patch.