View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 10:38 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Default Housing and placeables?

I looked way back and didn't see any mention of it, but I was wondering if anyone was working on the housing feature at all. I saw the zone (1, not instances but fine for lan seever) and checked merchants..empty, so I summoned a house to check it out. I couldn't buy a plot obviously either, but when I put the house on the ground it DoD at least look like a little cottage. Object permanence, creation of instances zone inside, and whatnot all would be required to make this functional.

My question is if anyone has been working on this at all. Totally different aspect of the game and presumably it's own complete branch of coding. I know it's a lot newer than nearly everything that is in the stock emu code, but other aspects that are totally new and not just newer upgraded progression do exist, like mercenaries, all but I think maybe 1 vetaa (live doesn't appear to have made any new since about 2014) I see some discussion about ornamentations etc and thus is that era. Being such a totally different aspect of the game I figure either someone likes it and is working on it, or noones seen a point. There's also the entire in game placement ui and commands, though I think a simpler version could be done with basic %size, angles in each of the 3 dimensions, and then location maintenance relative to /loc, but all without previews and incremental visible adjustments, just input XYZ vertices, XYZ location, and %size. Lot of work, but didn't need as complicated as they made it live.