Thread: New Server Woes
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 07:04 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Some times you just get THAT kind of people who overly enthusiastic and supportive but then quickly become an annoyance.

The following a made up story, that partially based on events that happened a while back somewhere else:

Player A: I REALLY like your server! Its really really cool! I just LOVE everything about it!

Admin: Oh thank you so much.

Player A: Just one thing I wanted to suggest. Why not allow boxing? I think 3x boxing would work fine here.

Admin: Ahh, well I kind specifically didn't allow boxing - its a part of my vision. I really want that 1 players - 1 char thing. Plus content really tuned for soloing, so there is no need to box.

Player A: Well you see there is this server X that does 3-boxing and really works out for them

Admin: Yeah well, I really don't want people boxing.

Player A: Ok I understand. What about adding bots? How about like 3 bots per players? That would be nice no? Server Y similar to yours but also has bots - it works very well there.

Admin: Same reason as with boxing - it would trivialize the content.

Player A: Ok I see. What about adding buff-npcs? How about making buff-npcs in POK that would buff SOW and Hp and port you?

Admin: I specifically didn't wanted any buff-npcs. They usually used to compensate for players needing those buffs to beat original content but our content is scaled down. Each class can solo without outside buffs.

Player A: Well server Z has buff-bots and works really well!

Admin: ....

Player A: I think there should be special uber items to reward donators. So if I donate $10 I could get uber sword that is better than Sword X that drops from Dragon K.

Admin: I really don't think this is good idea. What would be a point of getting sword X from Dragon K then if you can just buy best gear in game?

Player A: Well look Server V sells gear for cash and it works out really well for them!

Admin: I think I really not getting you. You want bots, boxes, buff-npcs, donator gear just like those server X,Y, Z have. Why don't you simply play on THOSE server that have all of those things??

Player A: But I like your server!!!

Admin: Has it occurred to you, that maybe you like my server because it doesn't have all of those things?

Player A: .....