Thread: Imperium Server
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 08:31 PM
draks
Fire Beetle

I don't post a lot either, but I've played on a lot of servers and have been playing eq on and off since 2001, and overall Imperium is pretty enjoyable. I am a fairly casual player at this point and not at the end game yet, been playing for a couple weeks. Like others said the community is good. It's a spell damage & weapon proc stacking server with custom features like the treasure goblins and random artifacts where you go through normal progression through GoD and then theres one tier of end game custom zones. I will say that going through the whole pop flagging can just feel like a chore at times. And of course the strong spell damage and solo aspect tends to push people into being SKs.

It can be challenging if you impose rules on yourself like not buying items that are beyond your own capabilities from bazaar (as there are almost always a few traders up), but if you find the right artifacts you can become pretty strong pretty quickly. This of course depends on the class(es) you choose. One downside here is that a significant number of discs don't work at all, especially at lower/mid levels.

I do see a lot of players in full maxed out custom gear, so I'm not sure that they have anything left to do (or have for a while). So more regular players might want to be aware of that, but for more casual players it will take a while to get through the content and overall would say its one of the more fun servers I've played on and worth trying out.