View Single Post
Old 05-17-2016, 05:58 PM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

To my eye, it's a good thing for there to be a lot of servers. I mean, this is an open source project, after all. More eyes means more bugs found. Also, go look at how many have posted a script, or a snippet of code, or a stack trace, or... All of these things are helpful to one degree or another.

Certainly it can be daunting for a player looking for a place to play that's stable and going to be around a while. This is where playing off the gold/green list comes in handy. Plus, doing a little research will go a long way, and I find that a lot of people stop by my server having done that research.

Having said all that, I can't think of a single person that's ever said a server gave them 100% of what they're looking for. If they want to setup a server with their vision and the little things added in, that's a win for everybody. There are a lot of little things I've done that allowed me to help others out when they needed it. That's where the real benefit comes in. If you had 5 guys running 5 EMU servers, where would the community come from? In my opinion these operators are essential to the continued success of the project as well as the community aspect we all enjoy here on the forums.