View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 04:42 PM
DanCanDo
Discordant

Definately NOctrl, I agree the whole project can be helped greatly with feedback from the
server admins, even if they just run a home lan server. I would imagine there has been a
ton of bugs spotted with the help of players in the past. Even if some come and go and
they were able to input any little thing, would help.
I have to confess though, when I first seen the name of this site and started browsing, I
thought of "EQEmulator" as having a bunch of servers that were not as custom as I soon
found out eventually, there was several customized servers including custom zones, etc.
As I got to learn more about it all, I started loving the fact there is such a variety for
players to choose from.
I had recently done some statistical research, just for the hell of it, observing average
player counts on the top 16 servers (on the list). I know numbers can bounce, but I paid
no attention to current or max counts. I only looked at 4 different styles of servers just
to get an "unofficial" inclination of popularity. I looked at 7 day period, so 'm only taking
it all with a grain of salt. It's rated from the most popular at No. 1 and descending.

1. Older (Legit) Live Content (Mostly GoD and earlier)
2. Servers with Custom Zones/Content
3. PVP (more than standard option)
4. Custom (significantly modified) Content
Also - 9 out of the 16 allowed the use MQ

I had to rely on details posted in the description on the server list as well as
their websites.
I know stats can jump around, but it can give a good perspective for some.