Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:07 PM
xxGriff
Fire Beetle

Default something missing

first, hello, and my thanks to all who contribute.

I have a private server. up and running, killing and rather happy with SoD clients. running 0.8.0 and peqdb_rev1589 w/bots.

I have two things that may likely be something i missed or are known issues for newbs like me.

1) cannot combine in any tradeskill containers =\

2) mercenary liason's are in CR (none in PoK) and not responding to hails, i have not checked for them elsewhere...

all 4 computers connect to my server and log in, create chars and thus far all the quests in the tutorial are working and keeping my fam busy. i will need to be able to tradeskill and want SoD npc's in PoK (ie zone to void and hire mercs).

maps, quests are in the correct folders, yet cannot combine, i get "you cannot combine these items in this container type!"

thanks ~ Griff
Old 08-18-2010, 06:35 PM
xxGriff
Fire Beetle

ok...guess i needed a lil more coffee and some patience...fixed tradeskill combines.

but still stumped om mercs...
Old 08-18-2010, 07:09 PM
trevius
Developer

Mercs don't work yet because PEQ database is only done up to about GoD or so right now. Crescent Reach is in just to show off the later clients, but none of the other later expansion zones are done yet.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:11 PM
xxGriff
Fire Beetle

thankee trevius.

that's what i get for assuming. i saw em there and assumed...

must say its a little confussing with the multitude of server guides and projects. but i muddled thru.

I appreciate the reply. looks like i am ready to play then
Old 08-20-2010, 02:30 PM
xxGriff
Fire Beetle

I followed the latest guide to get my home server up, and thus far it is much fun.

the only issue, I would like my brother and a friend to be able to log in and play. the guide used minilogin, and i can see my external clients attempting to connect, and they report hang w/black screen and booted back to sign in. i do not see any errors in logs, just the login attempt from IP_Address.

so they are connecting to the LS but cannot jmove beyong server selection (they see my server and population...)

how is this best resolved ? diff LS or can Minilogin accomodate my needs?

my apologies for what seems to be a convoluted thread, but i am building toward greater knowledge and ability to contribute to the project, and may require many moron moments...
Old 08-25-2010, 12:26 PM
provocating
Demi-God

My server uses EQEmuLoginServer.exe and I am able to hook up from outside my network, like from work. There are quite a few ports that have to be forwarded also.