Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:38 PM
Ut0pia
Sarnak

Default Effects Window not in sync with actual Buffs

Ok, I've searched the forums long and hard to make sure nobody posted this already. If they have, then I'm quite sorry for repeating. But I noticed a bug on my server and discussed it last night with mattmeck who confirmed it's a development bug.

Basically the bug is that although the Effects Window shows a max of 15 effects, a player can have more then 15 effects on their character. In other words, if you cast 15 buffs on yourself, then go to cast the 16th one, the spell will still take affect on your character but it won't show up in the effects window. When a detrimental spell is casted on you, it over writes one of the 15 good buffs but even though the icon disappears in the effects window, the spell does not go away.

A couple examples of where this bug can get annoying is when, for starters, you mount up and then cast 14 other spells, which is a total of 15 effects. then you go fight say a spider and it casts Poison on you. Poison will take the place of your mounted icon in the effects window. Then when Poison leaves your character, your still mounted but the icon is gone. Sure one might say you can cast /dismount but what are you go to if it's say bear form?

This was tested on a level 25 through 37 shaman using the peq database with no increased activity in AA points.