Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:41 AM
RogueXXX
Fire Beetle

Default Offline Zone Explorer?

I know long ago there used to be a program that would allow you to explore through the game. There wouldn't be any mobs, it would just let you travel through the zones. I've got an original disk and actually need some screenshots that are only found in the old world. The servers I've been on, have some of the items I need from certain areas patched out unfortunately. I am wondering if I have an original EQ disc if there is some way that I can explore the zones to get what I need. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:02 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

you maybe thinking of very early version of emu, like hackersquest.
Not sure if anything like that still around.
Its easier just to run your mini server really.

OR

http://www.eqemulator.org/index.php?...fo&worldid=594
Old 08-09-2013, 01:02 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueXXX View Post
I know long ago there used to be a program that would allow you to explore through the game. There wouldn't be any mobs, it would just let you travel through the zones. I've got an original disk and actually need some screenshots that are only found in the old world. The servers I've been on, have some of the items I need from certain areas patched out unfortunately. I am wondering if I have an original EQ disc if there is some way that I can explore the zones to get what I need. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Check george's tools. Chaos doesn't understand what you are referring to.

Old 08-09-2013, 09:41 PM
RogueXXX
Fire Beetle

George's tools? What's that? Sorry I'm very new.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:05 PM
RogueXXX
Fire Beetle

Ok I found the tools but didn't see anything like that in there. There used to be a tool called Zone Explorer that let you around around the original release of EQ. You could see everything in the game. Of course there weren't any mobs and you were offline but that's actually what I am looking for. I'm doing a project and need some screenshots from those textures. I checked out the Project 1999 server but from some of the places where I went to get the screenshots I was still seeing Luclin textures there.

High Keep being one, I'm not sure about the spot in High Pass but my gut says that I'll likely find the same case there. I also will need to check Guk too but I'm betting it too has the same issue. The differences are subtle but what I am looking for is very specific. If you know what you are looking for you can tell the difference.

Curious, if I loaded up an original EQ disc and tried to patch it to the server would it let me on number one. Number two if it did what is in a patch exactly? I really need to get access to those textures from original vanilla EQ1 before any expansions.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:44 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

I am not sure what you mean by "Luclin textures" on P99 - they hate everything Luclin there =)
And they are using old Highpass version so...

Original EQ discs (as per-Titanium) - you won't be able to connect to ANY Emu server.
If you mean patch it to LIVE SOE server - you would have most up to date client then, which is again not
compatible with Emu

PS. I think figured what you mean by "Luclin textures" - you mean the basic texture update they did around time of Luclin
release? When they shifted from 256x256 to 512x512 depth? I don't think you can get around that as its a part of
Titanium client since its VERY past Luclin.
You probably could MANUALLY extract old textures from your old disks with tools like EQspy(?) or something and
then import them into Titanium client. But don't ask me how to do it =)
Old 08-10-2013, 12:52 AM
RogueXXX
Fire Beetle

No I've looked. The textures in some parts are definitely Luclin. That's probably due in part to the fact that the game comes from the titanium package I am betting. What I am looking for is just not there and only exists pre Luclin. I managed to get what I wanted by going to web archive and finding the old Zone Explorer. The only downside to it is not having a light source to see some areas.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:59 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

I am really curious to see that zone explorer
Old 08-10-2013, 01:05 AM
RogueXXX
Fire Beetle

Here you go bud.

http://web.archive.org/web/200408160...er.com/eze.htm
Old 08-12-2013, 03:58 AM
trevius
Developer

You can't play from your original EQ install, but you could likely just copy over the zone files for the zones you are needing from the original install folder into an EQEmu compatible client (such as Titanium) folder. Then, when you play, you should see the zones exactly as they were originally (and with a light source).