Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-15-2015, 10:16 AM
Bandor
Hill Giant

Default Issue with a zone

Currently having a problem with the zone Relic. I have it set up to require a flag,and have flag being awarded for completetion of task. Flag itself is an item (rewarded for completing task). And to double check I also have it set to give specific zone flag when task is complete(so you get double flag for 1 zone basically)

I have used the 'formula' for lack of a better word, for another zone and have had 0 issues. But now for whatever reason upon players attempting to zone into Relic some are getting messages saying can not enter zone,while others are saying you don't own the expansion. I find this odd as all my zones are from the same era/expansion.

Status is 0 and level is 0 the only check this zone should make is to see if you have x item. Im getting the 'you unlocked the door' message but the zoning part isnt cooperating at all. Any ideas?
Old 02-15-2015, 03:29 PM
Bandor
Hill Giant

Upon further testing all new players are being sent to live start zones or crescent reach.

Code:
No start_zones entry in database, using defaults

but looking at start_zones its all set as I intended. And now people are getting the not experienced enough messages when trying to zone.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:14 PM
vsab
Discordant

How recent is your codebase? The starting zones system changed fairly recently :-
http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Changin...Zones&frm=Main

Not sure how that relates to relic though.
Old 02-16-2015, 10:43 AM
Bandor
Hill Giant

Very very odd,my stuff was set up just like this other then the rule values were different,switched them to 1 and now Start zones are working fine again.

However the issue from relic after further testing, Its looking at Relic as part of a expansion not being used apparently. Which makes no sense because all my zones are PoR zones lol.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:08 AM
Bandor
Hill Giant

So the only thing I can think of causing this issue would be my Expansion Settings in my db. Currently they are all set to 16383 Which according to wiki is default up to tss. Which means PoR zones should work no problem,Upon reviewing relic zone data for the 10th time I still see nothing wrong,its set up exactly as Arcstone and that zone is working 100%. Not really sure whats going on here.

Have this in my Global_player so it will flag you upon task completion. But the flag required for zone is a item,which you get via task completion. It works fine for Arcstone but not Relic lol.

Code:
sub EVENT_TASK_COMPLETE {
    if($task_id == 16) {
  quest::setglobal("Azmaro", 2, 4, "F");
    } elsif($task_id == 34) {
  quest::setglobal("Azmaro", 3, 4, "F");
    } elsif($task_id == 35) {
  quest::setglobal("Azmaro", 4, 4, "F");
    }elsif($task_id == 21) { 
quest::set_zone_flag(370); 
} elsif($task_id == 23) { 
quest::set_zone_flag(371);
	}
Old 02-16-2015, 11:08 AM
dagulus2
Hill Giant

Stupid question, but you are sure your using the right zone id (370)?

Ah, you posted the above at the same time as me, so that explanation is out.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:19 AM
Bandor
Hill Giant

Upon further testing it appears its not setting the players Flag. Example I did the task on a character, got item reward, Clicked door to Relic opened with my key but wouldnt let me zone. Checked flag status with #flags and it says I do not have the flag for Relic. Which I should have obtained for completeting said task. Gave him the task manually and it let me in. So in theory I can simply remove the zone flag itself but keep the door flag. And it should resolve this problem completely. Or fix whatever is broken with the global_player. Will see.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:30 AM
Bandor
Hill Giant

Well just to update my start zones are somehow screwed up again. Only characters made on the gm account seem to be zoning to the correct zone rest are going to gloomingdeep or CR/Starting city. All this happened upon updating source if that matters.

But removing flag from the zone itself seemed to fix Relic. Not sure why start zones are messing up. It says no start_zone info in database,but when I make a character on GM account it runs the query fine.
Old 02-16-2015, 11:54 AM
epilz
Hill Giant

I had the same issue after a source update about a week ago. Was getting the no start_zones message when characters were created. After further review, my start_zones table was not correct since I am using a hub zone. Updated the start_zone fields and no more issues.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:02 PM
Bandor
Hill Giant

Got it all worked out. Overlooked one of my rows in variables,had it set to 1 instead of default changed it and now everything works 100%.