Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 11-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Trynix
Fire Beetle

Default Compile errors after Ubuntu upgrade

I had my server up and running just fine a couple of days ago, lastnight I decided to upgrade to Ubuntu 9.10. After the upgrade the world server was acting weird and not wanting to launch, so I decided to recompile and use the newest source. I got the source and started to compile now i'm getting the following error when I try to compile.

Code:
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/eqemu/EQEmuServer/EMuShareMem'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/eqemu/EQEmuServer/EMuShareMem'
make -C world
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/eqemu/EQEmuServer/world'
gcc -c -Wall -Wuninitialized -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wcomment -Wcast-align -Wno-deprecated -g -march=i686 -O -pthread -pipe -I../common/SocketLib -DFX -D_GNU_SOURCE -DINVERSEXY -DWORLD -DDEBUG=5 -DEQDEBUG=5 -DSHAREMEM -DCATCH_CRASH -DNO_PIDLOG -DFIELD_ITEMS -DIRC -Di386 -DAPP_OPCODE_SIZE=2 -DBOTS -DEMBPERL -DEMBPERL_PLUGIN -DHAS_UNION_SEMUN -I/usr/include/mysql  -DBIG_JOINS=1 -fPIC -fno-strict-aliasing  -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DDEBIAN -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64  -I/usr/lib/perl/5.10/CORE  ../common/SocketLib/Mime.cpp -o ../common/SocketLib/Mime.o
../common/SocketLib/Mime.cpp: In member function âbool Mime::LoadMimeFile(const std::string&)â:
../common/SocketLib/Mime.cpp:40: error: âfopenâ was not declared in this scope
../common/SocketLib/Mime.cpp:42: error: âfgetsâ was not declared in this scope
../common/SocketLib/Mime.cpp:43: error: âfeofâ was not declared in this scope
../common/SocketLib/Mime.cpp:61: error: âfcloseâ was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [../common/SocketLib/Mime.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/eqemu/EQEmuServer/world'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Any help would be very much appreciated, I normally play with my 8 year old son and he's very unhappy when the server is down lol.

Thanks
Old 11-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Trynix
Fire Beetle

After more reseach here on the forum I found that there seems to be issues with later versions of gcc, I was using gcc-4.4.1. I setup gcc-4.1 as an alternative and everything compiled fine. I haven't logged in and tested yet, i'll have to do that after dinner.
Old 11-06-2009, 01:33 PM
prickle
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trynix View Post
I had my server up and running just fine a couple of days ago, lastnight I decided to upgrade to Ubuntu 9.10. After the upgrade the world server was acting weird and not wanting to launch, so I decided to recompile and use the newest source. I got the source and started to compile now i'm getting the following error when I try to compile.

Code:
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/eqemu/EQEmuServer/EMuShareMem'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/eqemu/EQEmuServer/EMuShareMem'
make -C world
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/eqemu/EQEmuServer/world'
gcc -c -Wall -Wuninitialized -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wcomment -Wcast-align -Wno-deprecated -g -march=i686 -O -pthread -pipe -I../common/SocketLib -DFX -D_GNU_SOURCE -DINVERSEXY -DWORLD -DDEBUG=5 -DEQDEBUG=5 -DSHAREMEM -DCATCH_CRASH -DNO_PIDLOG -DFIELD_ITEMS -DIRC -Di386 -DAPP_OPCODE_SIZE=2 -DBOTS -DEMBPERL -DEMBPERL_PLUGIN -DHAS_UNION_SEMUN -I/usr/include/mysql  -DBIG_JOINS=1 -fPIC -fno-strict-aliasing  -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DDEBIAN -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64  -I/usr/lib/perl/5.10/CORE  ../common/SocketLib/Mime.cpp -o ../common/SocketLib/Mime.o
../common/SocketLib/Mime.cpp: In member function âbool Mime::LoadMimeFile(const std::string&)â:
../common/SocketLib/Mime.cpp:40: error: âfopenâ was not declared in this scope
../common/SocketLib/Mime.cpp:42: error: âfgetsâ was not declared in this scope
../common/SocketLib/Mime.cpp:43: error: âfeofâ was not declared in this scope
../common/SocketLib/Mime.cpp:61: error: âfcloseâ was not declared in this scope
make[1]: *** [../common/SocketLib/Mime.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/eqemu/EQEmuServer/world'
make: *** [all] Error 2
Any help would be very much appreciated, I normally play with my 8 year old son and he's very unhappy when the server is down lol.

Thanks
I ran into this problemthis morning too. To allow the build to compile I did the following:

-Opened the common/SocketLib/Mime.cpp file
-uncommented the #include <stdio.h> line to make it active again
-Save and sclosed the file
-ran make again

Once that line was uncommented out, the compile completed...
Old 11-06-2009, 01:47 PM
prickle
Hill Giant

Quote:
After more reseach here on the forum I found that there seems to be issues with later versions of gcc, I was using gcc-4.4.1. I setup gcc-4.1 as an alternative and everything compiled fine. I haven't logged in and tested yet, i'll have to do that after dinner.
hmmmm... I compiled with gcc4.3 fine on Ubuntu 9.04...

Upgraded to Ubuntu 9.10 lastnight, and it broke bot zoning for me. Recompiled this morning, and bot zoning is still borked even after sourcing the peq1038 SQL package in.

I recompiled and re-sourced my database because I thought bot zoning may have borked because of a combination of new C libraries and new MySQL server. But it's still borked after the recompile and re-sourcing of the database...

I'm interested in hearing whether bot zoning is working for you after reverting to an older gcc
Old 11-07-2009, 06:01 PM
prickle
Hill Giant

Quote:
I'm curious, did you compile with bots? If so, does bot zoning work for you?
Old 11-13-2009, 09:53 PM
Trynix
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by prickle View Post
I'm curious, did you compile with bots? If so, does bot zoning work for you?
I did compile with bots and have had no problems with bot zoning.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:50 PM
prickle
Hill Giant

ok, I must be doing something wrong during my compiles then...

I assume you're also using SoF client as well?
Old 01-08-2010, 10:45 PM
DreamDemon
Fire Beetle

I had the same issue. With a couple of additions. This is on Ubunto 9.10 x64 server ( twin dual-core opteron HE's, 8g ecc ram and drives are 10k rpm u320 scsi in raid)

1. Had an issue where it was looking for gmake and there is no package for it. This command fixes that:
Code:
sudo ln -s /usr/bin/make /usr/bin/gmake
2. My compiler was puking in the same place. This was after changing the -march option to opteron ( same as k8, etc). the second stab at it I changed it to native. Changed the mime.cpp like suggested above and compiled with warnings only.

3. There are a TON of warnings. So far I dont know if it will pose an issue but at least the compile finished. I'll make a new thread if it bombs since it's compiled for x64.