Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:36 PM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

Default DiabloQuest

Welcome to the world of DiabloQuest.

DiabloQuest is a new type of server, one that allows you to play through 2 different story-lines, complete quests, and ultimately beat the game.

The other developers and I have taken many of the aspects of the Diablo francise and incorporated them into the world and gave them an EQ feel. We plan on having an ALPHA test phase here in the near future, to test the content we have and make sure things are balancing out correctly. Everything about this server is 100% custom (aside from the zones themselves.) Forget what you know about EverQuest and get ready for DiabloQuest!

During ALPHA you can complete the following:
- Act 1.
- Play 4 of the 12 classes.
- The Witch Doctor (Support)
- The Sorcerer (DPS)
- The Paladin (Tank)
- The Cleric (Healer)
- Level up to 10!
- Fight for good and journey through the side of the Order, fighting the evil in the world.
- Collect gems and even upgrade them in your very own Horadric Cube.
- In order to bring the community together: We are limiting boxing. (More to come.)

-----

Upon full release.
- Complete 4 full acts.
- Play all 12 classes. With another suprise class.
- Level up to 60!
- Challenge yourself and friends with overpowered versions of the bosses!
- Compete in unique events.
- Fight for the Prime Evil's and journey through the side of Chaos, fighting the good in the world.
- And much more!

-----

After we have completed the content for the full release. We will be releasing content in the form of expansions. We will be releasing this content as a mass update and not an update here or there. In these expansions you will experience, new acts, bosses, quests, items, events, and much, much more. Best of all! These expansions are free!

With a server of this magnitude, custom files are a must. We apologize, but in order to give you the full effect of the world we are trying to create, you will have to have these files. We have a custom server UI which is needed for the full-effect, however if you have a UI in which you would prefer to use, simply get in touch with Jahar and he will edit the UI so you can use your own.

-----

We have released a new website as well.

diabloquest.weebly.com
Old 05-22-2013, 01:30 AM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

I was curious on where you've been.

Enlightened Dark: Ascension
Old 05-22-2013, 12:37 PM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

I've actually been sick for nearly a week. Still have a little hiccup in my voice every now and then. However, we are going full force again. Alpha should be right around the corner.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:26 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Yeah blame Jahar for us not getting it done on time! IT's his fault!

<3
Old 05-24-2013, 02:52 PM
eshellon
Fire Beetle

Fight for the Prime Evil's and journey through the side of Chaos, fighting the good in the world.

You know, it's the "American Way"... the whole, "good must triumph over evil"...and I'm really glad you're willing to allow players to step in the other direction. Yes, I cheer for the "bad guy" in movies sometimes, and quite frankly, there are not enough games out there (as opposed to playing the "good guy") that cater to the "bad guy" breed of players. For that reason alone, I'd love to set aside a large amount of my time and help test, when testing begins. Best of luck on your project, Jahar!
Old 05-24-2013, 03:47 PM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

Eshellon, when we do alpha, the "bad guy" side of things will not be available. At least we had not planned to have it available.

We had planned to have it released when the server went to "open" status.

I just woke up, and if any of this doesn't make sense, simply ask me re-explain it.
Old 05-25-2013, 02:37 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshellon View Post
Fight for the Prime Evil's and journey through the side of Chaos, fighting the good in the world.

You know, it's the "American Way"... the whole, "good must triumph over evil"...and I'm really glad you're willing to allow players to step in the other direction. Yes, I cheer for the "bad guy" in movies sometimes, and quite frankly, there are not enough games out there (as opposed to playing the "good guy") that cater to the "bad guy" breed of players. For that reason alone, I'd love to set aside a large amount of my time and help test, when testing begins. Best of luck on your project, Jahar!
I'll elaborate for you a little more, Jahar. .

We remember fighting in Diablo 1, 2, and 3 how there are the 'good guys' (Deckard Cain, ETC). Killing the 'bad guys' (Duriel, etc). So, we made two paths to choose from;

Order of Chaos - You will be teleported to a different part of the starting town, with different quests, different quest NPC's and KOS guards to ANYONE not of the Order of Chaos. In this town you will find NPC's such as; Duriel, Baal, Mephisto, and many more. One of the first quests will be to slay Brother Jeron (Who on the order of Order is the Identifier of the town), while you won't be invading the actual town you will be killing him in a different zone - This zone is accessible to only Chaos members, so people of the different faction can't come in and help, or steal the kill.

Order of Order (Yeah that sounds weird, but I can't work it any different. Heh) - Will pretty much be normal Diablo play, go through kill some semi-familiar named bosses, as well as some new bosses.

Our website (This link) is being updated today with the spell sets for the four classes we'll have released for Alpha -- During Alpha we are disabling cast time, (As in Diablo there were no cast times), this might be a temporary thing, or could remain permanent, however if it does stick 100%, we will DISABLE boxing completely, due to the nature of the spells being as powerful as they are without cast time, we feel it would be an over kill to box any number of toons.

~~AS A REMINDER WHEN THE SERVER IS HEADING UP TO ALPHA WE WILL POST HERE AND TELL YOU WHEN IT WILL HIT ALPHA, WHEN IT DOES HIT ALPHA YOU WILL NEED TO GO TO OUR WEBSITE AND DOWNLOAD ***ALL*** of our files. Including our Custom UI designed JUST for our server, and ALL of our files. As all the dbstr_us//eqstr_us and spells_us have been modified MAJORLY. ~~

We look forward to seeing you on the server hopefully within the months end.

~Nerdgasm
Old 05-25-2013, 03:13 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

As a side note to the community, Jahar and I have already spoken about it, if this server doesn't go anywhere, the idea of Diablo in Everquest will be done from our stance. I would like to take this time to apologize to those whom played on Legends of Armada, and then Armada for your time put into the server, however that time you guys put into those servers have built and made this idea of DiabloQuest come to life, based off of all of your inputs from those two server we got a head strong idea of what it is we wanted to do to please the community, a couple things different from the old servers to this one right off hand to mention are;

Higher level mobs drop better gear (I'm not saying a level 10 mob will drop gear that has 12731923712 stats on it.) As an example; With Diablo sometimes you'll have those gear items where they are like 'What the hell was the DEV smoking when they made this.' (Items with 5 FR, 10 CR, and 3 STR for instance). Items are divided up by 'Item Level' in this case -- Also known as purity. We have it set up (Thanks to Wrath <3). To have higher level mobs drop higher Item Level gear. So instead of 5 FR 10 CR and 3 STR from mobs level 1 -10, it could be 1 FR 2 CR from a level 1, and 3 FR 5 CR from a level 2. These of coarse are just examples and are not meant to be taken into strive as to what our gear will have on them.

The Identifier will now identify items of greater quality, the way we're breaking it down is as followed;
Normal Gear (This is gear that will drop from NPC's and will have RANDOMIZED stats on them.*Thanks to GeorgesS tools*).
Quested Gear** (I do not know if we're keeping this still, we haven't talked about gear in full extent, I'm going to assume we are.)
Rare Gear (This starts the Identifier, hand him an Unidentified Item and he'll return to you a Rare Item.)
Legendary Gear (Identifier again, same thing, hand him an Unidentified Legendary Item and he'll return to you a Legendary Item.)
Set Gear (Identifier again, same thing, hand him a Unidentified Set Item, and he'll return to you a Set Item.)

Now, to make this interesting; gear will be ALL/ALL (As it was in Diablo except those introduced in Diablo 2 Expansion). You will be able to quest for CLASS Specific Gear, but all the Normal, rare, legendary and set gear will be ALL/ALL once you obtain a full set of gear (3/3 or whatever it should be *the item lore will tell you how many parts there are*), your stats will be increased on the items, some may even grant you a spell. You'll just have to see. .
Old 05-26-2013, 05:16 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

All updates are going to be on our forums. Please visit us at our Homepage for all future updates. The last one on here will be when we go into Alpha. All questions can either be submitted here, on our website, or emailed to us directly, we will get with you shortly.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:09 AM
RStefan01
Fire Beetle

My only thought is that tank/healer (especially healer) roles don't really go with the whole Diablo theme, especially if both will be required to actually do anything. Either way it sounds like something I'd be interested in checking out.
Old 05-26-2013, 07:21 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

A tank will only be required on certain fights. Probably with a good two people (Any two) you can take most fights. We're going to be doing some extensive testing on the server before we open it to Alpha.

With the four classes we will have out for Alpha, we will be checking to see if they can make it all the way through Chapter One (At least up to the Chapter Boss), and once we get there we will most likely try one at a time soloing the Chapter Boss - I assume at least one class will be able to solo the boss, but to even it up, the boss will summon and will be immune to snares//slows.

We'll let you guys know how it turns out.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:09 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Sorry folks, it'll be a little while longer before it's back up, a nasty storm has swept over down where Jahar is.
Old 05-30-2013, 12:39 AM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

Planned ALPHA test phase on:

June 4th, 2013

(As always, date subject to change. Being in Tornado Alley sucks!)
Old 06-04-2013, 05:28 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

A little update; The storm that had Jahar down for a couple days has slowed our progression down, visit our website for the estimated time of it's opening.

We apologies again, the day he made that post he got hit with a storm, go figure. Lol.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:42 PM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

We are working diligently to bring just a portion of this world to you! No storms in the foresight for me currently.