Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:54 PM
ionhsmith
Discordant

Default Peq Editor Question

Ok I have searched for hours on how to set this PEQ editor up ... I have found several guides none of which make sense to me but I tried to follow them anyway ... I still cant seem to figure out how to set it up. I have the schema.sql and expansions sourced into my DB... I made a folder in xampp/htdocs and named it peqedit... I unzipped the editor here ... I went to config.php and put in my db user name and pw... from here the guides don't make sense to me ... can someone help me figure this out please?
Old 11-02-2014, 02:26 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Aside from blindly redirecting you to the guides already in place (of which you stated you followed), let us know what is happening and what is not. What portions of the "guides" do you not understand? Etc.
Old 11-02-2014, 02:32 PM
ionhsmith
Discordant

well i used this http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Complet..._Setup_Guide#9

and when it goes into the note pad looking thing i have no idea what that is ... I think you have to set up apache somehow but im not following it?
Old 11-02-2014, 02:56 PM
ghanja
Dragon

Did you choose to go the XAMPP method? With that guide in mind (you mentioned "guides" though, insinuating you're using multiple ones), what step exactly are you stuck at? I'm going to assume step 9?

Did you download and install TortoiseSVN as indicated in the step 2 of the guide?

*Edit: If I don't respond right away, know I've just been handed a Sunday "honey-do" list, though the forum is filled with some extremely knowledgeable folks who may help as well. Just FYI, as it came to a total surprise to me.
Old 11-02-2014, 05:11 PM
ionhsmith
Discordant

yea I have found several guides on it ... I have had the server for a while with Heidi, turtle svn , git, ..... I would like to go the XAMPP method but honestly not sure how to set it up .... I use XAMPP with my server and I know how to go to local host in my browser but that's all my knowledge on it
Old 11-02-2014, 05:16 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

FYI - you don't have to setup the PEQ editor if you use the EOC. It is embedded and I usually keep it up to date.

http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?EQEmu_O...ent#peq-editor
Old 11-02-2014, 05:32 PM
ionhsmith
Discordant

got ya .... to create a user do I copy and paste that script or do I need to change anything in it? I have tried to add in my public ip , internal ip, localhost ... everything I can think off and it will not connect ... ports are open