Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 07-04-2004, 03:45 AM
MisterPink923
Sarnak

Default Question about Seperating EQ/EQEmu files

alright, so now ive restored back to 4 days ago beforei had reinstalled eq

i have a SEPERATE file for EQEmu and EQ

my EQ is patched up to date and i can play

my EQEmu is still in the original installation

should i just update my alternate folder which will be used for EQEmu and wait for EQEmu to catch up to taht patch?? ive already updated my live folder, and my EQEmu (just installed) version doesnt have any of the eqhost.txt or clients datarate etc, so im thinking i should update to current eq

any advice would be appreciated, sorry for making another new topic but my questions are varying hehe as i figure out this thing day by day
Old 07-04-2004, 05:18 AM
Xabob
Discordant

Well if you warnt a 100% n00b you would have payed attion to the guides and never asked this in the frist place the smartest thing you can do you backup the WHOLE eq dir just make a copy of it but if your shrort on space just backup all the .exe .dll and that should save you but key word SHOULD anyways glad you read the guides b4 posting ^_^
[12:38] <RangerDown> I watched Napoleon Dynamite the other day
[12:39] <Xabob> omg
[12:39] <Xabob> want me to shoot you now?
[12:39] <RangerDown> and the first words out of my mouth at the start were:
[12:39] <RangerDown> Hey I bet Rog looks like that

Old 07-04-2004, 10:44 AM
redneck0ne
Sarnak

Well, noob or not, (we were all noobs at one time or another) you need to read the guide posts. read them and follow their instructions, if after doing that you still have a problem then post your problem and the steps you have already taken, this will help other give you better advice on what you should be doing or what you need to re-do.