Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-18-2007, 08:07 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

Default Mobs aggroing beyond huge level difference

I can't seem to solve this
I got lev 1 gnoll pups agroing at me at lev 50, and i cannot determine why.

I compared their faction tables with some lev 10 gnolls (who behave normaly) faction table , and I cannot find ANY diffirences in how faction is set up.

Could any one please point me to what makes mob agro even if its deep green?
Old 06-19-2007, 03:37 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

few more things

to make matters worse, i tried addign few new faction and every single npc on newly created faction is attacking beyond the level range.

also, I have mobs set NOT to assist each other, and they still do...

in npc_faction_entries
I have:
npc_faction_id = 19913 (a new faction i created)
faction_id = 513 (the 19913 faction npc primary faction)
value = 0 (no faction hits)
npc_value = 0 (no assist/ignore)

and mobs still assist each other no matter what!

i can't seem to figure out why newly created faction do this absolute agro thing, they are identical to old working faction set ups, yet they do not work the same way.

please help =(
Old 06-19-2007, 07:35 AM
moydock
Discordant

Mine use to attack any lvl above and then i switched them to their new faction and they stopped. I think the differences between the two factions was one was set to assist and the other wasn't. I think if it's set to assist they act correctly for some reason. I could be very wrong, mess around with it a bit, i think it's just testy.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:51 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

well i set my mobs faction relation to -1 (which means they supose to attack each other)...and they STILL assisting each other instead.

also tried 1 as sugested - same thing. No matter what i set them too,0, -1, or 1 - they assist

my agro beyond level issue is actualy a bit diffirent.

The mosb from first faction (above) are non kos by default and do not assist if I much higher level than them

the mobs with who i have inherently KOS faction - keep agroing no matter what i am doing.
I created brand faction from the scratch - they don't care than they are lev 1, and I am 50 - they agro anyway =(

pulling my hair out..may be that will help...

---------------------------

UPDATE: I have just discovered something VERY weird!! It agro beyodn level is not faction related by mob related!!
I have 2 mob on same faction - one of the agros, another one behaves like typical greeny - scowls but not attacking.

i assume there got to be SOMETHING in npc stats that makes mob ignore level diffirence...
I have went field by field on every single npc value betwen the 2 mobs - there is no diffirence what so ever - they are identical... yet one aggroes, and other does not =(

still no light on assist issue thgout. every god dem thing assists

Last edited by ChaosSlayer; 06-19-2007 at 06:18 PM..
Old 06-19-2007, 11:04 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

did more tetsing on assist

i discovered that ever single newbee mob in well tested and tried zones assists! Thsi includes new rats and snakes in Qeynos - this defnetely wasnt like this on life, so i STRONLY belive that faction behavior assigment for OWN faction don't work!

npc of same primary faction will ALWAYS assist each other even is set to ignore or attack. This seems to me like a bug on emulator coding part.

the ONLY mobs who do not assist each other are those are on primary faction 0 (undefined) - such as city rodents. But faction 0 mobs cannot be set to be killed by newby guards.

On green aggro - still cannot find any reason which causes some npcs to agro
Old 06-22-2007, 07:08 PM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

ok this is geting ridculus!

I have taken a definite NON agro mob (a KOS lev 15 plague rat who is NOT agroing when you lev 50) made a copy of it and remade all my 'agro' gnolls..

Load the servers- everythign is workign fine- none of new green mosb agroing...

this was YESTERDAY...

TODAY- everythign is back how it was!!! all stupid lev 1 gnolls aggroing again on me at lev 50!!!

does anyone knows whats going on???
Old 06-23-2007, 01:39 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

Check the mob's intelligence (INT) and raise it up a little. Beyond a certain threshold, the mob is considered stupid enough to attack anything, even players way above its level. That's great for skeletons and the like which will aggro at any level, but not so good for the other mobs.

Primary faction should not determine assist behavior. Assist behavior should require an entry in npc_faction_entries with an npc_value set to >=1. If it is not behaving that way, then it's a bug and should be corrected.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.

Last edited by RangerDown; 06-23-2007 at 09:42 AM..
Old 06-23-2007, 03:40 AM
ChaosSlayer
Demi-God

dang! so thats how it works!
this is so logical, but i so get used to that mobs so little affected by the stats, I would never thought of that!.

Now I understand why all my low level mobs agro, and high levels do not - they have higher INT, break point occurs somewhere around lev 12.

thank you! you saved my day =)

as far as assist goes- its defenetly broken - I have it set to 0 and even -1, and mobs still assist automaticly if ist their own faction