Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:57 PM
benp181
Fire Beetle

Default Wonted to say hello and tell you about myself. New here

Hello I just wonted to stop by and say hi and interduse myself and hopefully meet some new people. I am now playing om EQEMU which I am kind of new too. I tried it back along time ago but it was down all the time so I stopped playing before EQEMU start only supporting Titanium. Well I started 2 toons on a server looking for a good one to play on.

on this server [PEQ] The Grand Creation [legit-pop-ykeasha]

I cant remember how to play the game it been so long lol. Well here are the 2 sreenshots of my 2 toons I know there not good at all.

Dongo

Lilere

Old 04-13-2009, 08:09 PM
trevius
Developer

Welcome back! I think you will find that EQEmu has made leaps and bounds since the last time you played.

PEQ is a great server and there are many other ones depending on what you want. You can normally see which ones are good just by looking at how many players they have on them on the server list.
Old 04-13-2009, 08:11 PM
KingMort
Banned

Here is a list for you

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...=activeservers
Old 04-13-2009, 08:37 PM
benp181
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Welcome back! I think you will find that EQEmu has made leaps and bounds since the last time you played.

PEQ is a great server and there are many other ones depending on what you want. You can normally see which ones are good just by looking at how many players they have on them on the server list.
So I have a question I installed the titanium because I had it laying around. Should I buy there SOF or should I wait awail? Thanks and have a good day.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:08 PM
KingMort
Banned

I would wait until all the bugs are worked out before buying SOF...

Still a lot that isn't working yet..
Old 04-13-2009, 09:33 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMort View Post

Don't listen to Mort! That is the first lesson to learn when starting out on EQEmu. Just kidding of course :P

Titanium should work just fine for you, but I would highly suggest getting SoF now if you intend to play EQEmu more than just a very short while. It is actually almost completely as functional as Titanium is now. Derision and myself have been knocking out the remaining issues left and right lately.

Here is the SoF Development Tracking thread (updated very frequently):
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27429

The main reason I suggest to get it now is because you shouldn't pass up the deal that you can currently get it for. Right now, you can get it for 4.99 with free shipping from www.newegg.com and after they run out, you might wind up paying as much as $20 for a copy. If you don't mind paying more for it later, then feel free to wait, otherwise save yourself some money now.

All EQEmu servers will always be compatible with Titanium, so if you wanted to run that from now on, you certainly could. But I think the $5 for SoF is well worth it

Last edited by trevius; 04-14-2009 at 05:38 AM..
Old 04-14-2009, 12:28 AM
benp181
Fire Beetle

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Don't listen to Mort! That is the first lesson to learn when starting out on EQEmu. Just kidding of course :P

Titanium should work just fine for you, but I would highly suggest getting SoF now if you intend to play EQEmu more than just a very short while. It is actually almost completely as functional as Titanium is now. Derision and myself have been knocking out the remaining issues left and right lately.

Here is the SoF Development Tracking thread (updated very frequently):
http://www.eqemulator.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27429

The main reason I suggest to get it now is because you shouldn't pass up the deal that you can currently get it for. Right now, you can get it for 4.99 with free shipping from www.newegg.com and after they run out, you might wind up paying as much as $20 for a copy. If you don't mind paying more for it later, then feel free to wait, otherwise save yourself some money now.

All EQEmu servers will always be compatible with Titanium, so if you wanted to run that from now on, you certainly could. But I think the $5 for SoF is well worth it
Supper I just got me a copy from newegg that it the new copy from there was ceaper then a used copy from amazon. Thanks!
Old 04-14-2009, 12:45 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:

A lot is working in latest SVN, but I have not updated you to it yet. :P
Old 04-14-2009, 06:38 AM
readforumsmedy
Fire Beetle

Quote:
What's up with that list? None of the PVP servers are there!
Old 04-14-2009, 02:16 PM
benp181
Fire Beetle

Is there any server where I can play around with the GM commands? just 4 fun.