Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:30 PM
KingMort
Banned

Default I need help !

I had to pretty much scrap my Tier 5 project because it was just sloppy. Maybe due to being drunk, anyway I no longer drink.

I really would like some help from some experienced folks who can help me get the thing off the ground because I simply don't have the time to do it having a full time job now.

Requirments:

* Coders in Perl
* SQL Savvy
* Not Caesar

Morty
Old 12-16-2011, 06:38 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Not trying to be a d1ck here but you say you were drunk, telling us the problem is now fixed but asking for help ?

A tier 5 project, not sure where you are going with it, seems to be the first I have even heard of it.

Seriously man, lay off the sauce. People seem to always be in denial on how bad the alcohol problems are. Even drinking small amounts if you do it every night will give you a brain fog. Let things clear up, you may not even need help. Start reading books on Perl, start with the O'Reilly books and move forward.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:36 PM
KingMort
Banned

I haven't touched a drink since April 4th..

Anyway Tier 5 is the 10th Year of development on my server.. Which I hope to release on the 10th year anniversary. (June) I will need help with it because I am working full time now. I have plenty of Perl and SQL knowledge that isn't what I was saying.. I have done it alone for years but I really need help since I don't have a lot of time anymore for it. And no you weren't a dick, appreciate the feedback.

Please email me or PM me here on the forums if you guys want to help out.

Mort
Old 12-17-2011, 02:55 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Tier 5, meaning the Tier 5 raid / armor sets and associated zones ?
Old 12-17-2011, 03:09 PM
KingMort
Banned

Well basically 1 tier = 2 years of work . It involves all of the following:

* Solo Content
* Group Content
* Alternate Progression
* Tradeskills
* Raid Content
* Tier 5 N00b zones

This Tier has been underway for a while and I have got lots of stuff done but the real core of it all is missing and I just want to start over and hopefully get it done by June. It's just to much for me to bite off right now so that's why I am asking for help.

Anyway appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Morty
www.raidaddicts.org
Old 12-17-2011, 03:13 PM
provocating
Demi-God

So I am just curious, for my own knowledge. Peq database, if you download it like it sits, what Tier is it ready for ?

Is it that you are doing custom content ?
Old 12-17-2011, 03:19 PM
KingMort
Banned

Well PEQ database came out a year or 2 after I started creating the "Raid Addicts Database" , my entire server from the ground up is Custom.. Back then there was a few databases that were out that I could work with and used as a guideline but everything has been re-done and re-engineered since then.

So virtually all of the content is all custom though I did leave lots of stuff from live that I collected myself for people to go and get revenge on.

All of our spells are custom , thousands of them, we do have some spells that are retaining live spell names but they got tweaked out reducing their levels of use.

Pretty much this server is nothing at all like PEQ or like Live EQ. Everything from the smallest and lowest level zones all the way to the upper end raid content we created over the last 9+ years.

As you may already know and to avoid hackling from others the servers population is dead right now this is probably because I have had to make huge nerfs on old idea's which I now consider completely un-balanced for instance we had this Clicky Neck that would increase your DPS or Healing Potential by like 700%.. The idea sounded great back when I was drinking (again I blame the sauce) but now it is like WOW what a dumb idea to have 1 item in a game that makes you good in said game..

So there are lots of changes that need to still occur to the past tiers which is primarily what I have been doing for the last year now but in doing this I have neglected actually releasing much content.

Mort
Old 01-10-2012, 03:33 AM
Versalin
Fire Beetle

Mort pick up a few books or google some stuff, learning to code isnt that hard. Having someone come in to work on your server at the state its in seems rough. youre better off wiping your database and starting fresh.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:38 AM
KingMort
Banned

I don't need books i've been doing this almost 10 years I am capable of coding pretty much anything I can imagine and get it all done myself but I just don't have the time for this anymore since my job is full time. Appreciate it though.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:28 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

Honestly i respect all of morts work. Building a server from scratch along with the database and have it up and going for 10 years? props to you without a doubt.

Also congrats mort on not touching a drink =D proud of ya

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein
Old 01-25-2012, 01:59 AM
KingMort
Banned

Lol appreciate it, yeah still sober since April 4th 2011.. Got a new job and everything too and a Vehicle for the first time in 12 years (Toyota 4Runner) It's nice to also have my license as well for the first time in 12 years. Seems though even though I have a new job and vehicle all my expenses are more it's like i'm just as broke as I was before I got the Job..

I call it going broke in style..

Anyway I plan on keeping both servers up and working on them when I can (Weekends) but I have to really get some help and get things back in order as far as broken stuff.

Morty
Old 01-27-2012, 05:58 PM
Soulcold
Sarnak

Read website chat Morty, I got yo back if you need it