Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-28-2015, 04:06 PM
Mortow
Hill Giant

Default Inventory Error...

Anyone know what could be causing an Inventory error in World.exe? It points to a specific item on a specific character and I have looked for the item. It is in his 6th bag slot of the 17th bank slot. Other characters have this item (a custom item btw) and do not throw errors. I have even placed the item in the same bank slot on one of my characters with no error message.

World.exe shows the following:

[Error] Inventory::_PutItem: Invalid slot_id specified (-1) with parent slot id (-1)

[Error] Warning: Invalid slot_id for inventory item in inventory: name=Toom, acctid=121, item_id=188740, slot_id=-1

Thanks.
Old 02-28-2015, 07:33 PM
Mortow
Hill Giant

I dug through the database a bit more and found an entry for his character for that specific item but it had a slot_id of 1667234. I assume this was a glitch. I deleted it and the error has stopped. I don't know what could have possessed it to use such a high number but all it well now.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:03 PM
Uleat
Developer

It's a known issue...

I've made a few attempts at correcting what might be causing it..but, I've never found a trigger for it.

I don't know how long it's been around..but, it became really noticeable when Akkadius made changes to the console text colors.

EDIT:

For that message to occur, you must try to insert a bag item into the inventory where the bag does not exist (yet.) I don't know if
parent items are being lost or if bag contents are not being deleted from the old slots when the parent is moved..no one has been
able to provide any feedback on this...

Compilin' Dirty

Last edited by Uleat; 02-28-2015 at 08:17 PM..
Old 03-03-2015, 06:13 PM
Uleat
Developer

A fix for the cause of this issue has been committed.

There will still be some lingering cases in existing databases until they are resolved through attrition.

I don't believe there to be any 'real' lost item issues associated with this.

Compilin' Dirty