Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Old 01-16-2011, 04:25 AM
duurrk
Fire Beetle

Question Unable to create bots

I have read through all the posts I could find about this bot problem I am having:

"The name Bob is already being used. Please choose a different name."

I have the latest revision (1751), and when I originally set up the server, it was with the Bots version of that revision. I have run drop_bots and followed by running each revision from the beginning in sequence until I had everything available on projectemu loaded in my DB. I have also gone back and checked out bot.cpp to ensure
Code:
SELECT COUNT(id) FROM vwBotCharacterMobs WHERE name LIKE '%s'
is written properly. All the tables seem to be fine in the DB, though they are null (i'm guessing that is because I haven't created any bots yet).

Can't figure out where I went wrong, as most others seem to fix their problem by checking one of the previously mentioned issues. Is there something else I need to do after compiling bot.cpp? I just compiled it again recently and it said everything was successful, but not sure if I need to go into the build and do anything further? I tried copying all the newly compiled zone.exe, world.exe, etc. files to my 'EQEmu' dir and run them. Still nothing.