Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:25 PM
ohnoez1
Fire Beetle

Default Problem: Boats non-functional (AX_Classic)

I'm running the October 1, 2008 release of EqEmulator, using Angelox's fabulous AX_Classic database.

I have (for example) butcher, oot and freporte all loaded as static zones.

For some reason boats are not doing anything, though pretty much everything else on the server is functional.

Any ideas if there are any steps needed to get the boats up and running? Any additional zone servers need to be started, or settings that need to be changed?

I appreciate any help that anyone can give. Thanks!
Old 10-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

The ship won't show up right away, for example; Butcher, Oot, Freeport, have invisible 'watchers', that wait for PC activity in any one of these zones, and determine where the ship might be, then move it along tell it gets to where you are.
Lets say you're in butcher, waiting for the boat to FP (oot), no one else is in the other two zones. Although the zones are static, the Perl scripts still will not work if there are no Pc's (players) in the zone.
So we have to work with the zone you are in; the 'watcher' in butcher will look for grid movement in each of the other zones via the global variable changes(everytime the boat moves from one wp to another, the global variable changes) , no movement in Oot, then check FP; no movement in Fp, then we can start it up in Butcher. It's sort of a hopefully fool proof system, where the boat will always be only in one spot at any given time. if there are PC's in the other zones, then the wait will probably be longer, as the ship will have to run all the waypoints in the zone.
So far, it has worked for me, and no one else has said anything , so I belive it's working .
try waiting some at the pier for the boat to show up.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:17 PM
ohnoez1
Fire Beetle

Hrm. I've been waiting in Butcherblock for quite some time... easily 20 minutes, I'd say, and no boat. And currently no one else is on the server, so that couldn't be causing a delay.

Are there additional quest files that need to be sourced in? Or perl plugins?

I'm thinking that I must be missing something.

(Very clever solution to the problem, btw!)
Old 10-01-2008, 09:32 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

That's too long, something's not right; your quests are all working ( you can hail NPC's and get responses?)
You have installed the /Maps? or you already know about all this?
Old 10-08-2008, 06:23 PM
ohnoez1
Fire Beetle

From the look of things, for some reason not all of the quest files downloaded correctly (I originally downloaded them using the cvs method). When downloaded as an archive from Angelox's fabulous website, and reinstalled, everything worked fabulously.

Thank you for your wonderful work, and your help. I hope to be more of a contributor to the community soon, rather than merely a help-seeker!