Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 12-01-2013, 12:58 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Default Class_Skill table issue

Edit see 3rd post below.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:25 AM
joligario
Developer

http://peqtgc.com/releases
Old 12-01-2013, 10:25 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Through closer inspection flying kick is set to level 30 required but for some reason it's still trained and usable at level 1.

This is from a fresh Nov 30 database.

All skills are trained at level 1, even if their value is zero.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:00 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

None of the devs wanna chime in on this?

I've looked all through the database and everything appears in order. Something else must be at play.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:22 AM
Mariomario
Hill Giant

In my experience modifying the database to achieve custom skills and skill levels is reflected through the skill_caps table as well as the SkillCaps.txt located within the clients Resources folder. The Class_Skill table doesn't seem to effect anything at all honestly, if I remember correctly.

Enlightened Dark: Ascension
Old 12-02-2013, 12:47 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariomario View Post
In my experience modifying the database to achieve custom skills and skill levels is reflected through the skill_caps table as well as the SkillCaps.txt located within the clients Resources folder. The Class_Skill table doesn't seem to effect anything at all honestly, if I remember correctly.
The thread title is deceiving, I didn't realize it wasn't a database issue at first and now I can't change the title.

This issue has to be source or something else. I have 2 other people playing on my server and we all have the issue using SoD and UF clients.

The server install is brand new using 26 Nov source and 30 Nov database.

Just using FD as an example, class_skill shows monks with level 30 required for flying kick. The first entry in skill_caps for FD and Monks is level 30, with a cap of 150. And my own personal client side version of skillcaps.txt mirrors the skill_caps table.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:20 AM
Mortow
Hill Giant

When you look at the SkillCaps.txt file and the skill_caps table, do they list levels 1-29 with a skill of 0 or does it just start at level 30? I noticed a few of these that didn't have the "0" levels listed back when I modified my skill caps and I think adding levels 1 through ? (29 in this case) with a skill of 0 fixed this for me. I just logged in and created a new monk on my server and fly kick was not available to him. Might check those two location to see and they must be identical. Hope that helps.
Old 12-06-2013, 11:31 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

There is no data for levels 1-29. I looked at Dual Wield for warriors and it's the same way, no data for levels 1-12. However, dual wield isn't usable for the warrior. Maybe it's cause one is active and the other is passive. Who knows.

I'll looking into manually adding the data.
Old 12-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Mortow
Hill Giant

I went through and added all the "0" levels for everything in my skills. I believe it also fixed the issue of not seeing what level those skills were trainable when you went to GM trainer. Let us know if this fixed your issue. I would be interested to know if this was indeed the fix.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:12 PM
sorvani
Dragon

any update on this? I have a clean test server setup again and I can test/verify any potential solution and get it committed if correct.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:09 PM
provocating
Demi-God

I was actually compiling a server fully updated as a test to see if the problem still exists. The actual skill should not even show up under actions under what around level 29 when it is trained right?
Old 12-24-2013, 02:40 PM
provocating
Demi-God

I just compiled the 12/24/2013 release with a new PEQ database, monks definitely have flying kick, eagle claw at level 1.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:55 AM
Mortow
Hill Giant

Ok I got some time to do some testing on this today. I went into my skill_caps table and removed the "0" levels from Eagle Strike (Levels 1-19) and removed them from my SkillCaps.txt as well. I created a new monk and he had access to Eagle Strike at level 1. I went to the Monk GM trainer and it showed Eagle Strike as awful and did not tell me at what level it could be trained. I went back into the skill_caps table and added back levels 1-19 with a skill of 0 and also added those levels back into my SKillCaps.txt file. Logged monk back in and no longer had access to Eagle Strike and the GM Trainer now showed Eagle Strike as trainable at Level 20. Did the same thing with Fly Kick, removing levels 1-29. Same thing. Fly Kick was now available at level 1 and the trainer did not show what level it could be trained at. Put levels 1-29 back into the table and text file with a value of 0 and it was no longer available at level 1 and trainer showed Fly Kick to be trainable at level 30. I hope this helps.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:35 PM
Nydosa
Sarnak

I can concur that adding in the skill of '0' for all missing levels under the monk special abilities sets it so that they must be trained, level appropriate. Make sure you update both the Skill Cap server side and skillcap.txt file.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:47 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Hopefully I will have time tomorrow to make some changes and test it on both of my servers.