Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 09-12-2008, 08:49 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default Sow in Dungeons

If you remember or have any info on what dungeons contained mobs with SoW (names too if possible), could you post here? I can't recall any having SoW - I do remember the Omens mobs ran faster than usual, I remember I had to get my run3 before I could at least match them up.
I have some code I'm working on , but need to know this - also if the mob just ran faster, or really did have SoW.
Old 09-12-2008, 08:58 AM
rojadruid
Discordant

I remember that on live some of the mobs in PAW had SOW, as i used to hunt there all the time and had to keep rooting and snaring them as my druid.

Innoruuk Server [legit]
Server Admin.
Server Status: UP
Old 09-12-2008, 09:04 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Default NPC Buffs too many

Here's another thing i was thinking about;
I played an Enchanter for a long time, and usually alone, so I did a lot of charm/dire charm. When the mob got charmed, I could see the buffs he had on him from it either being a caster or another caster mob gave him - I never saw a charmed mob with more than 3-4 buffs on him (usually an HP buff and some stat ones). I'm thinking of going through the default NPC (mob) lists and slash a lot out, as this does create a lot of lag and zone spam.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:05 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojadruid View Post
I remember that on live some of the mobs in PAW had SOW, as i used to hunt there all the time and had to keep rooting and snaring them as my druid.
Do you remember or could tell what class they were (maybe they just ran fast)? maybe you can tell by what other class/spells they cast
Old 09-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Andrew80k
Dragon

Are you just looking for dungeon mobs or mobs in general. The rats in PoJ had SoW. Someone above metioned the OoW stuff. The Kyv's have a high run speed, but I don't know if it was SoW or not.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:21 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Yea, post everything you know, all that stuff is important - I might try and 'revise' the default NPC-caster lists for PEQ and myself.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:02 PM
steve
Discordant

The frogloks in upper Guk had SoW, casted by the shaman frogloks. Spent months there back in 1999 camping the Shimmering Orb, and gatorscale arms/leggings.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:07 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
The frogloks in upper Guk had SoW, casted by the shaman frogloks. Spent months there back in 1999 camping the Shimmering Orb, and gatorscale arms/leggings.
Thanks, I think you posted this before, but I can't find the post. I Loved camping the Gatorscale stuff, but never noticed the froggys on speed. I'm thinking of changing the lists, then making a few new special tables for the once that can use sow in dungeons.
Old 09-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Leere
Sarnak

Pretty much any shaman mob was always buffing their friends with SoW.

That is to say, for the first few years it was a given that a shaman mob could cast indoors, ignoring the location restriction. They then introduced Spirit of the Shrew, with LDoN, as an unrestriction version. (Even though it is just even with Run3, in terms to speed, it's still an indoors run-speed buff.) I'm not sure if they made mobs adhere to the restrictions after that, since the dungeons I spent time in either didn't have shaman mobs, or were outdoor types.

If the problem centers on the location restriction, could perhaps point the mobs towards that spell.

Dungeons where I specifically have both seen them cast the spell, as well as the fun trains of not getting a runner snared:
Sol A (Solusek's Eye) - goblin shamans, 'shaman' seems to be part of all the relevant mob names.
Sol B (Nagafen's Lair) - Kobold shamans, who all seem to have 'shaman' as part of their name.
Upper Guk
Lower Guk - They all have 'shaman' as part of their name. I'm not sure about any named mobs, I want to think that there was one shaman type among them as well, but I can't remember or find it. (Upper has the same naming conventions.)
Permafrost Keep - Goblins this time, shaman mobs again. The exact names escape me right now.
Runnyeye - Goblins again, shaman type. (I want to say 'a goblin neophyte' as a specific, but I'm not sure.)
Cazic-Thule - Some of the Tae Ew, the shaman types again. ('a Tae Ew prophet'? There are a few, but I've never liked zones with under-water fighting...) Though, this might be a moot point, since CT is outdoors flagged.
Blackburrow - Gnoll shamans, and their ilk. Outdoors zone though, so probably not what you are looking for.
Paw - While it had the gnolls, their shamans would cast it, but the elemental version is lacking, as far as I can tell.
The Warrens - The kobold shaman types again. (Most seem to have 'shaman' as part of their name.)

Guk LDoNs - They follow the Guk name theme.
Mir LDoNs - Permafrost connection for goblins. (These I'm not perfectly sure about. They had healer types for certain, and I want to say they were shaman mobs, but could be clerics I'm remembering for Miragul.)
Ruj LDoNs - Orcs again, but much like the Miragul LDoNs, I'm not really sure. (Everything was always getting snared, and the spell spam didn't lend itself to watching mob buffs.)

Tak and Mmc I wan't to say no, but if you can dig up any shaman class mobs, they'd obviously still cast their spells.

Kurn's Tower - The burynai have shaman, and for once I don't remember any really telling names. (Much like they had SKs and warrior types mixed with identical names.)
Old Sebilis - Extension of the Guk theme. 'shaman' is part of the names again.
Nurga - Goblins, of the shaman persuasion. 'a goblin blightcaller' I'm sure about, but there are more.
Droga - Goblins, shaman types. 'a goblin blood ritualist' comes to mind, but again, there are others.
Dalnir - Some of the kly, but I can't remember the specific one. (Shaman class obviously, but that's a given by now.) The coerced might have some as well, I know for sure that they had clerics, but I'm not sure on shaman.
Chardok - Some of the Di'Zok for sure (herbalist, jannisary?), by extension, some of the Shai'Din probably (going by the Alla mob list for the zone for these). The naming should follow a class pattern, if you can't get them all from just querying for the shaman mobs.

Skipping the outdoor zones for Kunark.

Crystal Caverns - Orcs this time, shamans again. ('a Ry'Gorr oracle' is for sure, others maybe.)

Skipping the outdoor type zones again. Dragon Necroplis is indoors, and some of the mobs might be of the right type (going by name), but I've never explored it enough to know.

Any other zones I either haven't been to, or wasn't paying enough attention to notice any SoW casting going on. I hope the list still is helpful. (Or they fall under the outdoor label.)
Old 09-12-2008, 07:42 PM
rojadruid
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox View Post
Do you remember or could tell what class they were (maybe they just ran fast)? maybe you can tell by what other class/spells they cast

They where shaman's for sure.

Innoruuk Server [legit]
Server Admin.
Server Status: UP
Old 09-12-2008, 08:37 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Well, that pretty much covers them all in the old world. I guess I'm wrong, I really didn't pay attention to that at the time I was camping some of those zones. I just made global deductions from my more recent experience in LoY. I'm almost positive the Shamans in Nadox were at least not sowing the other mobs around them. So probably better to make a special 'no sow' list for the places that don't use them.
Thanks for the Info.
I'm also thinking the Mobs never carried so many buffs, I used to charm them a lot, and never saw a mob with more than 3-4 buffs. You all think it might have been the same in the places you played?
Old 09-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Leere
Sarnak

Definitely agreeing with you on the buff limits. No mob gave out everything, that their class had access to. 3-4 meshes well with my limited charming experience.

The spells, that seemed to be usually cast, were SoW and HP/AC buffs (Inner Fire for shamans, Courage line for cleric mobs, druid skin line). The Tnarg line (the hp buff that doesn't stack with the 'shielding' line hp/ac/mr self-buffs) I think I've seen a few times as well. Damage shields also were favored.

What certainly wasn't there, was any of the stat buffs (Str, Sta, ...). I might have seen haste a time or two (though that could have been an enchanter mob buffing), but I'm really not sure.

But as you said, the 3-4 spell limit seemed to pretty much hold.

Also, the list of actively SoW casting mobs is years old, in some places (I haven't revisited some of these zones in years). I agree with the LoY zones not really being all that buff crazy. (They loved their malo debuff, and also the low level slows, never really what they could have done purely based on their level.) A rethinking of that design aspect, starting with LoY, perhaps?

Also, since I completely forgot about it with the list, yes, OoW had mobs with innate run3 (and higher, in some zones and later expansions). There was no buffing, for that run speed increase. (At least, it couldn't be dispelled. If they just used a buff with the un-dispellable flag, or actually changed the run-speed, no idea.)
Old 09-13-2008, 03:28 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

When I get done with the merchant lists, I'll do the default npc lists over again, this time with the proper buffs, They'll all default to SOW, but I'll have an additional shaman one with no SoW (this will be for both PEQ and my db), for the few places that don't use it.
Also if you can remember anything about what damage, etc. spells those npcs like to cast, that would help also, as I think they got too many attack spells too. I'm sure there are many spells the NPCs cast, and shouldn't be casting.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Here is the revised 'default NPC' and 'default pet NPC' spell list insert - also has the shaman sow list at 720. I made one mistake and this is I took sow off default shamans and kept sow on the new shaman list < it should be the other way around (easy to fix).
You need to first delete what you have;
Code:
DELETE FROM npc_spells_entries
where (npc_spells_id >=1 and npc_spells_id <=12)
or (npc_spells_id >=514 and npc_spells_id <=524);
Then run the insert.
When you get done, you can go into a zone and #showbuffs will reveal 3-4 buffs (or less).
buffing spam is gone with this fix.
It's only for PEQ database, will not work on AX_CLASSIC, as 514-524 are bots. I already have added them to the posted AX_CLASSIC update.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:27 PM
Congdar
Developer

bots are 701-712