Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 06-18-2015, 06:32 PM
squeekers
Fire Beetle

Default RoF2 - Black Screen

Greetings, Yesterday I was having some problems with my RoF2 UI, so I uninstalled and deleted any extra files that was left over. I used Steam to download a new client just last night. I got everything setup to connect and play, that worked fine. After selecting a server and clicking play, I kept getting stuck on the "black screen". I have done several things that were mentioned on previous post, such as changing the resolution in the eqclient.ini, changing my desktop resolution, deleting the eqclient.ini file. None of these have worked. I did have a previous RoF2 client that worked properly, but I did notice the Daybreak logo on this client while loading. If this a problem on my end? Any ideas would be grateful, thank you!
Old 06-18-2015, 06:38 PM
Shendare
Dragon

Unfortunately, Daybreak recently updated the Steam client. It is no longer the compatible RoF client, but now The Darkened Sea.

EQEmu hasn't yet started the process of reverse engineering the changes to add compatibility for it.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:49 PM
squeekers
Fire Beetle

oh boo, well thank you for replying!