Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 07-26-2007, 08:14 PM
ckeck
Fire Beetle

Default Music not playing

Anyone know why the EQ music is not playing? I remember having this problem once in EQ Live and somehow fixed it but I don't remember how...

Combat music, death music all work fine, but no zone music...
Old 07-26-2007, 09:49 PM
Damilis
Hill Giant

I don't know the answer to your music question, but can I assume that you got your client working? aka defeated the Eqgame.exe bug?
Old 07-27-2007, 03:29 AM
Mahoney
Fire Beetle

Your music volume is not at 0% in your options menu? (alt-o while in game)
That would be the only problem for zone music not playing.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:21 AM
ckeck
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damilis View Post
I don't know the answer to your music question, but can I assume that you got your client working? aka defeated the Eqgame.exe bug?
Unfortunately not - I spent countless hours last night getting the Minilogin app to work on my server so I could directly connect.

I want my server to be public but I cannot get past that error with the eqemulator.net login server and no one has a fix
Old 07-27-2007, 04:39 AM
ckeck
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahoney View Post
Your music volume is not at 0% in your options menu? (alt-o while in game)
That would be the only problem for zone music not playing.
It was set at 0 initially, but I raised it up and still nothing...
Old 07-27-2007, 06:25 AM
techguy84
Discordant

Does sound work period? Sounds wierd that you music just wont play. Are the music files in place in your eq folder. Anything else running that could be conusming audio channels at the same time as EQ?
Old 07-27-2007, 08:00 AM
ckeck
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy84 View Post
Does sound work period? Sounds wierd that you music just wont play. Are the music files in place in your eq folder. Anything else running that could be conusming audio channels at the same time as EQ?
There are no conflicts which would cause this. Midi files work find outside of the game...

All the other sounds work...effects, combat music, etc...

I remember a few years ago I had this problem on live and a tech helped me fix it, but not sure what we did.

This stinks...I really enjoy the zone music and it feels very empty without it. It could also be the fact that I'm the only one on the entire server also
Old 07-28-2007, 08:19 AM
vales
Discordant

In your sound options (Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices), select the Audio tab and in the section where it says MIDI Music Playback, switch it to Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth in the pull-down menu. Depending on your sound card, it might not have the ability to play MIDI files from the old EQ zones.

On older SoundBlaster cards you had the option to fill the SoundBanks with instruments which gave MIDI a whole different sound experience. But that uses system memory, and that option has been long gone since the newer cards came out.

I used to fill my soundbanks with 128+ instruments, and it made EQ sound like a freaking orchestra was playing. As the years went on, I got sick and tired of changing them and just selected the Microsoft one and found out that it gets the job done just fine. Plus it was a pain to configure all of the instruments only to find out on of the drums was botched.

The reason why combat and death music work fine is because they're MP3s. So are the newer zones and later that were released after PoP.

Hope that helps.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:15 PM
kc5wee
Fire Beetle

Ha! I got mine to work, goto start, run, sndvol32, and unmute SW Synth. (some drivers may say something else)
Old 09-14-2007, 05:19 PM
ckeck
Fire Beetle

Thanks for posting this! My SWSYNT was not muted, but the volume was all the way down. Simple as that - thanks!
Old 09-10-2009, 06:47 AM
Nyrod
Fire Beetle

so ive been doing some searching through tons of posts and threads pertaining to the music and still cant seem to find a solution. i am having the exact problem, were i can hear combat/theme/merchant music but no other music ie zone music.

im using vista and web search didnt give me any info on how to possibly "turn up" my midi as you are able to in XP etc. ive gone through all the audio options in vista a million times and im sure there is just something im missing.

XP

Vista
Old 09-11-2009, 12:12 AM
Nyrod
Fire Beetle

cross referencing this from another emu forum to share my findings.

http://classicbetatest.guildlaunch.c....php?t=3423776
Old 03-24-2010, 08:40 AM
firesyde424
Fire Beetle

I am having this issue as well except that the EQ client is not playing any sounds whatsoever. The sound sliders are all maxed and as near as I can tell, the sound card is working just fine(I am listening to a youtube video.) I have tried disabling all the "extras" and just running from a stereo speaker configuration. I have also tried running the client in administrator mode but this did not correct anything. System configuration is below.

AMD Phenom II X4 955
Asus M4A7TX EVO Motherboard
4 GB 1333 mghz DDR3 RAM
2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870's
1 x 80 GB Intel XM-25 G2 SSD
1 x 1 TB Western Digital Hard Drive
Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Extreme Gamer
Creative 5.1 Speakers
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Old 03-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Dunmord
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by firesyde424 View Post

AMD Phenom II X4 955
Asus M4A7TX EVO Motherboard
4 GB 1333 mghz DDR3 RAM
2 x ATI Radeon HD 4870's
1 x 80 GB Intel XM-25 G2 SSD
1 x 1 TB Western Digital Hard Drive
Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Extreme Gamer
Creative 5.1 Speakers
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
I dont mean to SPAM or anything, but I think this specs deserve a...
Wow, nice specs!
World would be allot better if those processors were completelly RISC architecture.
Old 03-24-2010, 05:42 PM
Taurinus
Hill Giant

Have you ran OptionsEditor (it is in the root of your EQ directory) and confirmed that sound is indeed enabled?