Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2005, 04:06 AM
meta_Alucard
Fire Beetle

Question EQEmu - Scorpious2K

hi every one.
well I am new to the whole eq world, and I didn't even install the game yet, but I am looking around to start.
so it seems that there is a relation between the EQEmu servers and the Scorpious2K servers, but if so, how come Scorpious is Live compatible (according to there website), and EQEmu is not. or is it that Scorpious2K is illegal or a bad server....
could somebody please clear this to me...
thank you
Old 07-30-2005, 12:00 PM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default k

Quote:
Originally Posted by meta_Alucard
hi every one.
well I am new to the whole eq world, and I didn't even install the game yet, but I am looking around to start.
so it seems that there is a relation between the EQEmu servers and the Scorpious2K servers, but if so, how come Scorpious is Live compatible (according to there website), and EQEmu is not. or is it that Scorpious2K is illegal or a bad server....
could somebody please clear this to me...
thank you
Scorps is kewl and has highly modified code that seems to work good.
thats all i can think of thats different from the rest of us.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 07-30-2005, 01:05 PM
vexxix22
Fire Beetle

Default i Need help!!!!!!

i posted on the site previsly before about this but now its worse id tryed making a new ls accont but it wont let me it says my pass words wrong and i never changed it so right now im pretty pissed!!!!!! lisin eathier i got hacked or some found out my password cause it wont let me do anything so i need help so plz!!! plz!!!! plz!!!! respond!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2005, 10:57 AM
RayOfAsh
Sarnak

By the looks of it I would say they were doing something that may be illegal. They are using a patcher like EQEmu used to, but EQEmu stopped using it for legal reasons (I THINK).
Old 08-03-2005, 12:34 PM
meta_Alucard
Fire Beetle

well, it is very interesting to see that the site is working fine in this case, I would say that if their patcher was so illegal, they woudn't survive that long. not the I'm saying that it is perfectly legal either.

Last edited by meta_Alucard; 08-03-2005 at 08:52 PM..
Old 08-03-2005, 04:31 PM
Aydun
Sarnak

Default Who knows

Well either way both EMU and Scorp, are breaking the contract laws of EQ.. but who knows why sony only shuts down certain servers, and not the whole project?? who cares enjoy it!!