Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 08-04-2014, 10:07 AM
noudess
Discordant

Default help finding a crash issue

On my server, erudnint always crashes the very 1st time a player zones in (if dynamic) or sometimes, after zone shutdown if its static.

The debugger places the code at 2687, but the core isn't comprehensible beyond that. To crash on that line, I guess owner must be non-null but garbage.

2685 void QuestManager::ClearHandIn()
2686 {
2687 if ( owner && owner->IsNPC() )
2688 {
2689 owner->CastToNPC()->ClearQuestLists();
2690 }
2691 }

Looking at where this is called, I only see it inside perlparser,cpp, so that would make me think its being called buy check_handin.pl which seems pretty odd if there is no one in the zone to be turning anything in?

The next time someone zones in, the zone has been automatically restarted and it works.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:55 PM
noudess
Discordant

I think I may have found this. One of the quest files in erudnint had a call to plugin::return_items in the mainline code, not inside any SUB.

This was a core quest from peqdb. erudnint/Toresian_Fhabel.pl

I'll post over there and see what they think. Removing that line resulted in the bootup crash going away. I still can't isolate why it only happens some of the time the zone was booted, but it seems completely gone now.