Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 07-11-2010, 11:06 PM
causticsand
Fire Beetle

Default zone is not ready to receive visitors error trying to zone

I *finally* got my own server running, now I can not leave the tutorials. The exact message is, "This zone is not ready to receive visitors yet. Please try again in a few moments." Yes, I've waited a few moments and kept trying. In GM mode, I've tried several zones to go to, not just PoK to leave the tutorial. I thought I read about some problems with zoning when I was trying to get my server setup, but now, nothing is showing up. If this is a question that has been answered a bagagilizillion times, a gentle push in the right direction will be fantastic. Thank you.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:02 AM
causticsand
Fire Beetle

Default ** Solved **

Still being new doesn't excuse me from being an idiot. In order to get out of the tutorial zone, you need to have other zones loaded. For that, you need to have eqlaunch compiled and the executable run. It is probably important, but I'll say it how I have it. eqlaunch is in the same directory as my other server files such as world and zone. I started it with

./eqlaunch zone

I am running linux, so that is the syntax. Sorry to take up board bandwidth on this one. Good luck to all the other people trying to set up their own server!!