Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-20-2014, 02:22 AM
ankar757
Fire Beetle

Default RoF

Are any servers currently running RoF client with all the updates that came with RoF? (i.e. zones, aa's, level 100, etc etc etc)
Old 09-25-2014, 10:08 PM
SoltanHeatwave
Hill Giant

I don't know about the new release, but as far as I know EQEmu only supports up to Gates of Discord.
Old 09-26-2014, 01:38 AM
SoltanHeatwave
Hill Giant

As far as the client is concerned, the only RoF client that can be used is one that has been discontinued (updated) by steam. The client can go up to 100 so can the AA's and you can access the zones, with the exception of instanced zones, I don't know of any servers that are currently at that level. You would have to create your own server and set the Max Limit for your server to 100, but you still wouldn't be able to use an updated RoF client. I hope this helps.
Old 09-26-2014, 10:05 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

It was my understanding that development of a working RoF client kind of hit a road block when the client was patched, rendering it basically impossible to obtain a working client. Chasing live is an extremely time consuming process for the developers and since EQEmu is trying to avoid legal issues they don't allow us to share the clients. If we somehow got a point where we could share clients then most of this would be resolved fairly easily.
Old 09-26-2014, 12:20 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

We recently got guilds and augmenting working for RoF so it is now a fairly usable client minus the ability to use > 10 slot bags and a larger sized inventory.

You can use it and I use it 90% of the time, it is on my hit-list to implement for EZ.
Old 09-26-2014, 05:51 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
We recently got guilds and augmenting working for RoF so it is now a fairly usable client minus the ability to use > 10 slot bags and a larger sized inventory.

You can use it and I use it 90% of the time, it is on my hit-list to implement for EZ.
Steam version or an older version?
Old 09-26-2014, 06:03 PM
Uleat
Developer

The 12/10/2012 build steam release.

I don't think that steam has been updated lately and is still at the 05/10/2013 build..I've posted that people should download this client
so that they have it available when 'RoF2' is incorporated - no ETA...

If it were just configuring opcodes, it wouldn't be so hard..but, packet structures change, features are added, etc... making it near impossible
to add translations without a good repo of collected packets.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 09-26-2014, 06:06 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

We can get by though with a little binary dissembler magic
Old 09-28-2014, 04:16 AM
rhyotte
Hill Giant

Will be pretty sweet when RoF2 lands. You gents really been kicking butt lately!