Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-22-2006, 03:31 PM
Astaldoath
Sarnak

Default Darktides and Nalgora

Anyone know what happened to em? They were the only good servers ive played on and now bother are down. Darktides was up tonight and nalgora has been down for 2 days. Nothing really on nalgoras site about it and I cant find a site for darktides.
Old 09-24-2006, 11:48 AM
Ryori
Fire Beetle

Default servers

The admin for Darktides was out of town last week until Friday, should return to normal operation now.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:15 PM
trevius
Developer

Darktides is pretty cool, but IMO, Zeboxurok is WAY better. I would recommend trying Zeb if your other servers are both down again. I haven't tried Nalgora, but I played on Darktides for while. Since I started on Zeb, I haven't gone back.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:17 AM
Qinamen
Sarnak

Scars of Nalgora is down for good ( or until Swish gets back ).. He suddenly vanished and I have no "real" way of bringing the server back up.

IMO, now that KMRA is back up; Try there, It's LOADS of fun and they just got the database up and running ( I think they spent somewhere near 3 years perfecting it )
Old 09-25-2006, 02:06 AM
eq4me
Hill Giant

Darktides has some issues with chars staying in the world indefinitely after an crash or /quit. Since there can be only so many active zones the Server runs into trouble pretty fast.

Just a guess where Swish went:

Swish/bongol = Almadir on the Darktides forum. The same typos, the same style.

http://www.atfreeforum.com/darktides...orum=darktides

Whoever that kid is. Offering to fix long standing bugs not for the community but just one server leaves a taste of bile in my mouth. But it could just be a (really ham handed) ploy to get a look at the Darktides modifications.

Last edited by eq4me; 09-25-2006 at 10:39 AM..
Old 09-25-2006, 03:13 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eq4me
Darktides has some issues with chars staying in the world indefinitely after an crash or /quit. Since there can be only so many active zones the Server runs into trouble pretty fast.

Just a guess where Swish went:

Swish/bongol = Almadir on the Darktides forum. The same typos, the same style.

http://www.atfreeforum.com/darktides...orum=darktides

Whoever that kid is. Offering to fix long standing bugs not for the community but just one server leaves a taste of bile in my mouth. But it could just be a (really ham handed) ploy to get a look at the Darktides modifications.
I have my suspicions too ... In fact, I suspect a lot more of that "Phantom of The Opera" crap than we all are aware of.
I don't let them get to me, If i did, I would have gave up and went "rouge" (like they are) a long time ago. I also have my conscious to deal with; I was given a free EqMu emulator and everything in it is free, because a few people wanted it to be. They even gave me the simplified option of Titanium with the installer, and free lessons with help via Wikii, this forum, and a few other sites. Now, wouldn't I be a real ass to keep everything I learned and know to myself? Just leach off everyone else, and build my "great EQServer" with hopes that it will be the greatest, or maybe plan to sell what I did?
I only wish I knew a lot more, so I could post it all here for everyone to see
Old 09-25-2006, 05:24 AM
soulshot
Hill Giant

Hey guys/gals

The Darktides server is up and running. We had a family emergency over the last few days and nobody had access to the server. RL > EQ as aways but anyways the server is up and updated to the latest eqemu release. Thanks for the conerns and checking up with us in the forums.

-Mard/Soulshot-
GM's of Darktides
Old 09-25-2006, 05:48 AM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qinamen
IMO, now that KMRA is back up; Try there, It's LOADS of fun and they just got the database up and running ( I think they spent somewhere near 3 years perfecting it )

uumm no... KMRA use to be just RA (I was one of the original creaters, Mort, Mangoo, Rogean, and me to be exact)

This is the sixth or seventh time RA is back in some way, and each time its been redone from scratch.

The current KNRA has less then a weeks work on its DB, trust me Morts been on IRC getting help.

In no way is this meant to bash Mort, just dont expect a DB thats been worked on for 3 years..... Looking at the past dont expect it to be up more then 2-3 months either.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:53 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelox
Just leach off everyone else, and build my "great EQServer" with hopes that it will be the greatest, or maybe plan to sell what I did?
I both agree and disagree with this statement. There are some changes that an admin might make to their server that is unique to EQ and has no business being in the core Emulator. However, I do agree whole-heartedly that if someone fixes a bug in the core that plagues us all, it should be shared with the community.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:47 AM
Qinamen
Sarnak

Hmmm, not sure Matt;

Looser gave Mort the DB copy that was burned in the fire in January.

It's pretty up to date
Old 09-26-2006, 07:44 AM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qinamen
Hmmm, not sure Matt;

Looser gave Mort the DB copy that was burned in the fire in January.

It's pretty up to date
That server copy was only 2 months old because they started over that time too, also that version didnt work with 7.0 so Mort started over again.