Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-05-2007, 11:33 PM
Docs
Sarnak

Default I am back

Sorry all,

i have returned back.

i am one of those orginal members whom likes to pop back in years later
Old 09-06-2007, 08:43 AM
Aonelyn
Hill Giant

welcome back docs.

I have just returned to eqemu myself, and its nice seeing some oldies around. =]
Old 09-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Bakersman
Sarnak

i'm Doc's brother, thought i would pop in on his thread and say hello as well, i have been in and out trying to iron out The Black Hand server that some probably have seen up, i am sure even some of the visitors and probably some of the server holders know who we are on Live, after 8 years of Live i personally have decided that i am tired of paying the same amount of money for an old game (but still one of the best games on the market) per month, i am not a programer by far but i want to start learning some of this stuff and i thought what a practical thing to do then EQEMU heh.. just for shits and giggles right? lol

first i got to say damn that is alot of good work you guys have done. i know for a fact getting this game as far as it is now is amazing, and i bet some of the new emulators out there are probably directly based off the work done here

i have a question and i am sure someone could answer and i may get a few posts about it here and yes i would love input from Devs if someone/s is hanging around. i have seen some posts about branching/forking/straying from the main. i see people complaining about the Devs not doing anything, i know there is always something going on behind the scenes that people are not taking into account.

i am curious and i am not trying to inflame the subject at all, it appears there is people here wanting to help the project move forward at a more rapid pace, i realize that people have thier real lives to attend to so i was curious as to why the devs have not appointed people to certain zones and certain tasks, make some posistions available to the people under each dev to help them and broaden thier task force in development and take one thing on at a time, the devs control what goes on but has the support supporting each of them independantly, my whole point to the question is, who cares who takes what time for what is more important(real life), when thier support team can take the reigns for a couple days with development. my point also is ... the development always moves forward. let devs each choose thier team.

please guys, don't flame me, i am new to this forum and i think it is an amazing project, i just don't understand some of what is going on or why the devs are getting flamed. like these are the guys that are working on this stuff, but i also know that alot of people are contributing that are not on the dev team.