Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-03-2006, 03:30 AM
ProdicalJedi
Fire Beetle

Thumbs down EQeMu inspireing

I find the fact that I got this working on my own quite inspiring personaly I play on EQ2 Live servers, and its my fav game (please dont flame it just is, its crap but its good ya know?)

I would really like to learn how it works rather then just following a guide I would like to know why the program does what it does and how its been programed to do that what commands its performs and so on.. would there be anywhere I could find that out.. also iv been hunting around the EQ2 files to find something that might give a clue as to where to start but alas.. I have found some files promising but I dont quite understand them, if the only reason there isnt a EQ2emu around.. because of the database not being there I will start from fresh!! I dont care .. I really would like to get it going

any hints and tips be constructive im a sensitive creature hehe!
Old 07-03-2006, 04:26 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

I found eqemu also many years ago, and even though other mmorpgs have been developed since then, I found EQ to be a very well designed game. It has a good tradeskill system, decent character development, interesting and addicting game play no other game has achieved for me - except for UltimaII/III/IV (which I've re-written) link http://66.159.225.58

Anyway it's good to see new blood joining the emu!

GeorgeS
aka Mr.G

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 07-03-2006, 06:29 PM
Doughnutz
Sarnak

I am now banned for bashing

Last edited by mattmeck; 07-04-2006 at 02:38 AM..
Old 07-08-2006, 12:54 AM
ProdicalJedi
Fire Beetle

Shame on you Dough