Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-03-2013, 08:05 AM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Exclamation Epics are live!

VARLYNDRIA ASSAULT OF THE VOLDROTHUS IS FINALLY LIVE!

Players will be able to get their favorite path that epic weapon they've been waiting for which all of them have been revamped with newer stats and some completely changed. (The old Epic page is exactly that, out-dated and old.)

SOME FEATURES OF THE SERVER NOW

• All 48 Paths can now earn their epic 1.0. Yeah, you read that right. I'm a busy man.

• RoF and under Weapons and Shield models.

• Temporary Pets now scale with your CHA VSES.

• The entire currency system is very low now. A few platinum is worth a lot of money and there are npcs that drop "Valuable labeled" items now which can be sold for good money.

• Awesome AA vendor with custom augments and other goodies. AA's have meaning on Varlyndria.

• Custom LDON vendors with over 80 armor types and weapons.

• The models for many path pets have been changed to something much more recent and cool. Conjurers now summon over 30 different random monster types, making them the ultimate summoner now.

• The new Fallen Raid is fully scripted with custom mobs that will give any group of adventurers a hard time and the last boss requires major strategy to kill.
It also contains armor quests, epic quest pieces, slew of custom loot for any and all paths.

I can't begin to explain the changes I've made lately to the server. It's honestly just too much to post here. If you haven't played on Varlyndria in a while you're missing out on the time of your life. Get away from the boring, overused and mundane normal everquest and come play a new game.

Oh, that's not enough classes for you? You want more? Well, take a look at the 16 NEW paths coming out soon.

http://www.varlyndria.com/new-paths-coming-soon.html

Don't hesitate any longer, come and play pretty much anything you can imagine. Also, a new player without any kind of donation status can reach max content level. This is not a pay to win server. Donations are appreciated and accepted and very well rewarded but it's not required by any means.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:37 PM
AlienFirestorm
Fire Beetle

That is a nice looking website you linked.

Radiant Defender looks neat.

I'm a new person to this community. I'm looking to learn a bit about SQL and Database stuff.

Anyway, I may make a character on your server when you implement some of the cool ideas you have mentioned.

-Inter
Old 03-09-2013, 08:14 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Good to hear. Varlyndria has all kinds of things you can be and if you can't find something you enjoy I just don't know what to tell you lol.

QUICK NOTICE:

The server is challenging once again. I've removed AGI from all items so it's no longer plagued with the GOD MODE bug of 1000+ Agility. Healer and Support paths are very useful now and also boss mobs can be slowed.

I am making the server fun again without any cheese ruining it.

Read all the notes on our website: www.varlyndria.com
Old 03-13-2013, 06:52 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

This is a very important update players need to know about. It's changed a lot of the horrible vicious game-play of fear mechanics a lot and made things a lot more manageable. Relics of Unholy corruption now drop more often off Fallen bosses due to difficulty changes. (epic quest item)

UPDATE: 03/13/13

Please download and install the latest files HERE

SPECIAL NOTE: All paths will be put on the new system I created soon (warriors are there now) and some paths like the Bloodthirster
and Soulreaper will be receiving completely new mechanics with how they work. There is also a new Raid in the works as well which will
feature a grind item - New Power Source, special music (You'll download the MP3 I have for it) and some very exciting new challenging
fights. More info on this within the upcoming days.

GENERAL CHANGES
• Master's Care now cures poison and disease from pets.

• Monster: Monstrous Roar now has a chance to be resisted by magic.
No more insta-fears 100% of the time if your resists are good.

• Monster: Energy Sap now only lasts for 18 seconds. Down from 1 minute.
This spell also has a small chance to be resisted by magic now.

• Monster: Unholy Breath no longer removes AGI or Attack power.

• Lesson of the Devoted, Experience Potions and Experience clickies now all stack together.

• Donator Experience Potions can now be traded.

• The Assassin Epic now gives 40% Haste3 instead of 175% Haste1. (normal haste)

• The Battle Priest Epic no longer shrinks the Battle Priest.

• The Sniper Epic can now be used with SoW/Swift Travel

• Bladesinger's Epic proc now improves with instrument bonus and no longer stays the same number.

FALLEN RAID CHANGES
• Whispers of Doom (Silence) now has a 50 foot radius instead of 300.

• Ghoul Touch is now a disease that can be removed.

• Valmanthia's Kiss now deals a 220k lifetap up from 120k.

• Unholy Gargoyle's Unholy Aura now deals 19500 a tick up from 9500 and reduces healing by 750% instead of
350% and now lasts 36 seconds up from 18 seconds.

• Warlock's Death Bolt now has 3 second cast time, down from 8 seconds and recharges every 6 seconds.

• Pustox's Putrid Corruption now deals 38475 a tick, up from 28475. This spell counts as a disease.

• Demolisher of Dreams' Shattered Dreams no longer reduces AGI or STA but now reduces min and max
melee damage by 1500%. Shattered Dreams now only lasts 18 seconds down from 30.

• Demolisher of Dreams now has a 50% chance to drop a Relic of Unholy Corruption and all other bosses
in Fallen have a 10% chance to drop a Relic of Unholy Corruption.

• Deathmonger Falisar will no longer move from his post.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:39 PM
Zamthos
Discordant

Hey Drakiyth, not sure if you noticed, but your 'here' thing isn't working.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:58 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

@Zamthos, yeah it's because I copy/pasted this directly from site. The link was not meant to come over with it.

VERY IMPORTANT AGI CHANGE

QUICK FIX: AGILITY BASE
• Players can now set their base AGI to 150 by entering New Kelethin. This change has happened because 5 was too little and 150
with AA and buffs will put a player's AGI to around 250 which is fine and not overpowered giving them 100% evasion. This will help
tanking a bit and monks especially.

NOTE: The change to your agility won't happen immediately. You need to zone to see it.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:48 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

The donator portal master is now history. Players will be able to summon a pocket Portal Master with the Ring of the Dedicated 2 very soon.

The old Time Traveler is now called "Portal Master". This portal master can take you to class guilds and other non hostile places but no longer takes you anywhere you can level. However, he now takes you to the "Portal Spires" which is a brand new hub in Gfay that has several portals a player can take to different zones.
All of these portal zones are now level labeled so players will no longer get lost in where they need to go.

Enjoy guys!

www.varlyndria.com