Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 02-15-2009, 07:48 PM
kolamer
Sarnak

Default Errors from World.exe (Pic's Included)

I followed the the PDF found on the wiki on how to set up your own server and did everything in there that it had me do. I got all the way to the point of actually running start.bat to get the server up and running. I noticed in the world.exe window it posts a few errors.

After it gets past that part, it just keeps repeating the error at the bottom of this image.

Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? I looked around here on the forums and on the wiki, but I didnt see anything that really stood out.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:18 PM
trevius
Developer

Judging by those errors, it looks like you didn't source alot of the sql files you need to be sourcing. You are missing quite a few tables it would seem.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:28 PM
kolamer
Sarnak

Ok, there was a line that I missed when I sourced the DB. Now when I run it, it connects and gives the me right message on world.exe but when I press a key on the other window, it fails because it doesnt have eqtime.cfg file.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:02 PM
trevius
Developer

I don't think eqtime.cfg is really required, but if you need it, you can get it by downloading any of the binaries on the downloads page off the main page of this site. The eqtime.cfg file doesn't change, so any version of it should work fine.
Old 02-15-2009, 10:07 PM
kolamer
Sarnak

Here is what my world.exe window looks like ATM.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:16 PM
trevius
Developer

The error about eqtime should be something you can ignore. The errors about you missing more tables is the cause of your problem. You have to make sure you are running a database that is compatible with the version of server code you are trying to run. You should be able to make all of the required updates by running the SQL from the svn in the /utils/sql/svn directory.
Old 02-15-2009, 11:45 PM
kolamer
Sarnak

I am running the most current versions of both PEQ and the EMU softwares. I am assuming they are compatible?

When you say I should be able to do all of the updates by running the svn, wheer exactly is that at? I know you gave a path, but what is the starting point to the path you gave me?
Old 02-16-2009, 12:14 AM
trevius
Developer

The SVN is located here:
http://code.google.com/p/projecteqemu/

Make sure that the revision of PEQ is the same as the revision of Server code you are running. You say they are both the most current, but what actual revisions are you using for each one?
Old 02-16-2009, 02:37 AM
kolamer
Sarnak

I am going to start over since I must have missed an important step somewhere.

I will use the version of the Emu that you linked which is revision 302. I am not sure what revision the PEQ is though. Here is the link to what I am using.

http://www.projecteq.net/downloads.php

I am clicking on the one at the very top. I am using the one without the maps since I have those files already.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:21 AM
kolamer
Sarnak

Ok I must be missing something here.... I have looked in every folder for both PEQ and the EqEmu and I can not find a utils folder anywhere.....

I am sure there is something stupid easy I am missing here but I just dont see it. I have been trying to get this darn thing up all day and havent had any luck with it.

I DL'ed the PDF file off the wiki and I have gone through the entire thing twice now and still have the same errors :(
Old 02-16-2009, 07:11 PM
trevius
Developer

Have you tried reading the PEQ forums? They have an entire section just for the database updates. Should be able to find just about any answers you might need from there. As for the utils directory, that is something that comes with the source code. You can download the source code and check the directory there if needed. But, I believe that when Cavedude creates new binaries, he also makes sure to make a package of the PEQ database to match that revision. So, really, if you download the right database revision, you shouldn't need to do any other sql updates.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:53 PM
kolamer
Sarnak

Well I had somewhat better luck today. I used the Ax DB and I was able to get all the way to the character select screen and make a character on my server. I just couldnt zone into any zones because it kept saying that the zones were unavailable. The server I am making is just for myself so I am using the minilogin server to keep it local.

Gonna surf around here on the forums and see if I can find something that stands out.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:29 PM
trevius
Developer

If you are using AX DB, make sure you set your start.bat to start the launcher named "zones" instead of "zone". It has to match what is in your database and the default for AX is named "zones" for some reason. You can also change that in the Launcher table if you wish instead of the start.bat. It doesn't matter what you call them as long as they both match.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:36 PM
kolamer
Sarnak

Hmm let me give that a try and see how that works.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:28 AM
kolamer
Sarnak

That did it! I am able to log onto my own server now locally!