Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Archives > Archive::Support > Archive::General Support

Archive::General Support Archive area for General Support's posts that were moved here after an inactivity period of 90 days.

Old 09-18-2004, 01:16 AM
Gangrif
Sarnak

Default 5994 login server?

Ok, so i just decided to try logging back into eqemu earlier this week. I didnt have my EQ client installed anymore, so i had to reinstall, this happened to be on Sept 14th, so i had to patch to live, no choice really.

I know there are warnings all over the site here saying not to patch to live after the 14th, but i had to. And because of it i couldnt play. Which was fine with me, im not about to start one of those "When are you guys going to support live, im a little whiney bitch?!?" threads.

So yesterday i check back in, and find this on the main page:
Quote:
The latest version of the live compatible loginserver is now up and running on eqemulator.net on port 5994 (both clients and servers).
and figure its time to try it out. so i change my eqhost.txt to connect to port 5994 (which im pretty sure is what that was telling me to do) and logged in. Everything goes well, except that theres only one server, and its a dev server.

So, im wondering, am i in the wrong place? is 5994 the wrong port? I tried it on the port that the eqhost.txt that i dled from the play guide was at by default, 5996, but it wouldnt let me connect, rejected my password, i assume due to the crypto deal mentioned on the main page.

Thanks.
Old 09-18-2004, 05:01 AM
RangerDown
Demi-God

A new version of the LS, but it doens't necessarily support a newer client. The old LS had some issues, and I think that's what this 5994 server is fixing, I don't know that it changed client versions at all.
<idleRPG> Rogean ate a plate of discounted, day-old sushi. This terrible calamity has slowed them 0 days, 15:13:51 from level 48.
Old 09-18-2004, 10:01 AM
samandhi
Demi-God

As of this moment it has NOT changed the client version able to log in at all.... So you will see the servers, but when trying to log into them you will get the 1017 error most likely...

Quote:
Analysis paralysis will keep you from failing, but it will also keep you from succeeding.
  • L.L. CoolJ
Old 09-18-2004, 10:54 AM
Gangrif
Sarnak

Yep, thats what im getting.

Thats sort of what i figured (but hoped i was wrong). Back to Postal 2 and Doom 3 i guess.

Thanks for the help anyway.
Old 09-18-2004, 11:11 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

I am actually able to get in with the newest client, but I crash after char select. The older Aug client works perfectly, however.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:05 AM
Gangrif
Sarnak

is there any way to downgrade a live patched client? I'd like to play, but cant. :(
Old 09-21-2004, 02:20 AM
sotonin
Demi-God

Nobody can answer that without breaking forums rules.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:06 PM
Gangrif
Sarnak

ah, ok. sorry for asking.
Didnt mean to ask for something "illegal"

Ill just wait i guess.

Thanks.