Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Spell Support

Spell Support Broken Spells? Want them Fixed? Request it here.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:13 AM
Dag
Fire Beetle

Default How do I create a new spell?

I have been reading through all the threads on spell creation/editing and they all seem to be from 2 years ago or longer. Is there a more recent thread I am missing? I am customizing my server and would like to implement custom spells so I may define my server. Is there a way to create new spells and would you please let me know how. I am learning alot of information quickly but I have never enjoyed something so much. Thank you in advance for your help.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:16 AM
morganpartee
Sarnak

i dont know. though i would love to learn... Would love a 500% speed increase...

Maybe once i know how, i could write a program to do it! lol....

That would kick.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:00 AM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

The spells themselves haven't really changed much over the passage of time. They still use the same file from back then.
If you are just adjusting spells you already have: check outGeorgeS' site for the spell editor. It's a quick fix for desire. Easy to use, and less hassle than learning the system.

If you are seeking to make new spells, best bet is to browse through the old posts and jump into spell creation head first.. see what does and doesnt work. Break a few eggs. That sounds a bit like the commonly hated 'oh I know how but don't want to teach you' effect in that it has no real information but, from my experience, nothing beats actually seeing for youself what works and what doesn't when you make changes to the server. That way, when you DO come across something that isn't covered by someone else's programs, you have a basic idea of where to look and what to do.
Old 01-09-2007, 11:51 AM
mattmeck

The best spell editor is notepad.
Old 01-09-2007, 03:02 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Be careful when going apesh!t and making 500% haste spells ~grin~ Some things the Emu just cannot handle (nor could Live, I am sure). There's a reason things are as they are. Stability.

Example; I made a custom Monk weapon for my buddy. It had like 10000hp, 500 stats... totally insane procs etc. Soon as that weapon tapped a mob, the entire world crashed. Just keep backups, you should be ok.
Old 01-12-2007, 11:31 AM
morganpartee
Sarnak

ok, ive done it. I reccomend Openspell. once you get it to work right...ITS UBER.

My bard, whose name is god btw, has about 10 different buffs currently, on different items, which i can cast on anyone, and can use on any mob...
(500% speed increase, 300%haste etc etc...lol)

GL!