Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Completed

Quests::Completed This is where Completed quests are.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2008, 10:21 AM
realityincarnate
Developer

Default Jaggedpine druid armor quests

Since one of my friends always plays as a druid, I recently found myself implementing all of the quests of the "of the pine" druid armor, which begins with the npcs Cheyloh and Nolan Greenwood in the Jaggedpine Forest. It also heavily involves two npcs in Surefall Glade, Jhaya and Lerian Wyndrunner.

#Cheyloh_Greenwood.pl - jaggedpine directory
Code:
# Cheyloh Greenwood
# Jaggedpine druid armor quest
# by RealityIncarnate

sub EVENT_SAY {
if($text=~/Hail/i) {
quest::emote("gives a warm smile");
quest::say("Greetings traveler and welcome to Fort Jaggedpine, our humble, though suitable home. If you have need of my [wares or talents], then please do not hesitate to inquire. I am always more than willing to share our ancient knowledge with our kin of the outside world.");
}

if($text=~/wares or talents/i) {
quest::say("Here in the Jaggedpine, I serve as a seamstress and one of many protectors of our precious home. Our people will often come to me in search of my talents in the ways of weaving. Often times my father and his students will seek to borrow my knowledge of the natural world and The Rainkeeper to weave specific pieces of an [ancient suit of leather] worn by our most adept and dedicated of druids.");
}

if($text=~/ancient suit of leather/i) {
quest::say("When our ancestors were young to the Jaggedpine and the Throne of Karana's Thunder was in the fledgling years of its establishment, a young seamstress and druid by the name of Hymara Cloudweaver discovered the laws of accepting nature's gifts in return for our services in protecting her. Hymara used these gifts of the wilderness to sew a complex suit of armor, which she then wove energies of the wilderness into. These gifts were used solely for the purpose of the protection of the pine, and we uphold her legacy to t his day. The armor is acquired upon a [path of devotion] successfully walked by our most devoted of druids.");
}

if($text=~/path of devotion/i) {
quest::say("One must protect nature to the fullest of their abilities in both faith and conviction to walk this path. The world they ward will in-turn present her sacred gifts unto those who walk this path with the true desire, intent, and fulfillment of their duties. To weave specific components of the armor, the druid uses these gifts of the nature and once that druid has [proven themselves worthy] of these gifts, one such as I would aid in the final steps to create the armor.");
}

if($text=~/prove myself worthy/i) {
quest::emote("raises a brow and gives another gentle smile toward $name");
quest::say("Very well, my friend. If you wish to take upon yourself the task to prove your devotion to nature, I will be more than willing to lend my talents justly to your cause. There are several individual [pieces] to this mystic suit of armor, and each piece requires a test of your faith and dedication to that which you have declared your life to protect.");
}

if($text=~/pieces/i) {
quest::say("My skills and knowledge of history extends my talents to the creation of the [leggings], [sleeves], [bracer], [boots], [gloves], and [circlet] of the Armor of the Pine. My father, Nolan Greenwood, is the only who holds the necessary faith and mastery in the knowledge of history that is needed to make the most sacred and powerful piece of this set -- the Tunic of the Pine. There are several components needed to complete each piece of armor that I specifically am able to create. Those components vary between each individual piece. You will need to endeavor through several tasks to complete the set, but as with nature, there is no true order to the tasks that you must complete. Tell me which piece you wish to [acquire], and I shall guide you as necessary.");
}

if($text=~/leggings/i) {
quest::say("Very well, $name. There are two components that you will need to return to me; [Polished Jade Acorns] and [Moss Threaded Rawhide Leggings]. But procuring those items will not be an easy task, and I can assure that you will plunge yourself into danger to complete it. However, you should not know fear of this for we must often selflessly endanger ourselves to fulfill our ultimate goal in protecting and preserving the purity of nature. Through these endeavors, your success will be rewarded by nature's recognition and she shall grant to you the gifts you will need to complete this task.");
}

if($text=~/polished jade acorns/i) {
quest::say("Every piece of the Armor of the Pine requires a special stone. These stones have been carved into different shapes by our artisans and each one blessed by our elder warders of the pine. Unfortunately, the introduction of the poachers through the recently carved passageway between the forest and the den of Blackburrow has brought us a loss in these sacred items. The Blackguard family and their henchmen have raided our fort several times, stealing our materials to be sold illegally upon the underground market of Norrath. However, the poachers are very limited in their knowledge of this area and our ranger scouts have informed us that [Myraephe the Pure] killed the one who stole the specific stones we need.");
}

if($text=~/myraephe the pure/i) {
quest::say("The Hatchling River -- a beautiful waterway jealously protected by the nymph spirits known as Potameides, fuels the lifeblood of this forest. These naiads are beautiful creatures, who were benevolent to us until the development of great cultures and the construction of great cities destroyed much of nymph kind. The Potameides felt the loss of their sisters and became hostile to all mortals alike, viewing our presence as a threat to their very existence. Myraephe is one of the ancient Potameides and our scouts have said that in recent days she wears a necklace made of Polished Stone Acorns. Seek Myraede and retrieve the acorns as you will, my friend. Know neither regret nor sorrow for your actions as the Potameides intentions have been influenced by the threat of the Unkempt Wood to the east. The Potameid spirit will return to protect the river it is bound to, so long as the river itself does not become corrupt.");
}
code continued below...

Last edited by realityincarnate; 02-22-2008 at 06:24 PM.. Reason: Code didn't post properly