Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Spell Support

Spell Support Broken Spells? Want them Fixed? Request it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2013, 10:33 PM
AudioGarden21
Sarnak

Default Spellcrafter's Handbook

Greetings everyone. This is a project I've spent this past week working on and I hope you'll find it useful.

Here is a guide for everything you'll need to know for understanding spells and how to craft them.

At the bottom of the page is a link to a google doc with the following tabs:
  • Basic - covers the basics and explains the purpose of each value
  • Effect Type & IDs - covers effect types (stats, ac, mez, movement speed etc) and displays their IDs for easy reference
  • Effect Type - Detailed - gives a more detailed description of effects, what they do, and what the recommended value/usage is. some data taken directly from spdat.h as noted in the description
  • Effect Type By Category - categorizes effects by type for more easy reference
  • Skill/Body/Resist/Target/SpellType IDs - displays skill, body, resist, target, and spell type IDs for easy reference
  • Effect & Buff Duration Formulas - displays effect and buff duration formulas and their IDs for easy reference and gives example spells that use that formula
  • Animations - displays cast/target animations, as well as spell particle effects and their IDs for easy reference with descriptions and examples, respectively

Keep in mind I primarily use Null's Spell Editor, so I've included some conversions (at the bottom of the basic tab) to help with any confusion that might arise when looking over the doc. All effects names are derived from it as well.

If you see something that you're certain is incorrect, please post what is incorrect, and the correction so that I may fix it.

Since I consider this a project for the entirety of the Emulator community, anyone interested in helping keep the handbook up-to-date is welcome to send me a PM so that I can add them to the doc and they can edit it themselves.

I don't want to leave it open to just anyone because we all know someone out there would love to cause some havoc, so only PM me if you're in good standing throughout the community and others can vouche for you.

Seeing as I don't have a lot of experience programming (complete novice) I felt I should do something to help contribue and here it is. Enjoy!

P.S. - nothing is set in stone so if you have any other suggestions, feel free to post them.

Click Here -> Spellcrafter's Handbook