Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-14-2004, 09:11 PM
mattmeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz
Here we see the problems with PEQ-team style vigilantism, and why banning should not be done by popular consent.
Exactly why i am refusing to ban him till i have proof its realy MNJ. Same IP block dose NOT = same person.

and along with this if people would read the forum rules they would see this

Quote:
-If you have an issue with someones post or responce, do NOT tell them its against the rules or flame them back, PM me with a link to the thread and I will handle it. ---no more back seat moderation please
leaving this up as an example of what is not going to happen again. There will be no more public hangings on these forums its all handled behind the sceens.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:08 AM
Dave987
Discordant

To answer the question, No, you don't need the latest expansion to use EQEmu. You obviously won't be able to go in the zones for the later expansions without the expansion.

A benefit is that all the expansions are available for download on the EQ Patcher - the one run when Everquest.exe is run, so you can get those anywho, and of course, with Emu, no need to register them. That saves you $30per expansion.

Lastly, I see your post was on the 13th. The patch on the 15th of December breaks EQEmu, so unless you were up to live pre-15th, then you're screwed until Emu is fixed - which can range from days to months. :(

Good luck!
Old 12-17-2004, 10:48 AM
MrJag
Hill Giant

Last edited by Dave987 on a random date at a random time; edited 4,936,581 times in total

LOL

Former Server Op
Iron Tower Server