Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 12-20-2005, 03:35 AM
swytchblade
Fire Beetle

Default Client Woes

Ok, after checking all of my computers and calling up all of my friends, I was only able to obtain 2 different eq clients that were pre-9/13. One was from my own eqemu playing days a couple years back which I know worked at the time. The date of the modified files is around 9/03. I've tried every version of the server from 4.0 to 5.5, each one with the same incorrect client error on connect. I am trying to connect with minilogin - does this need to be changed with each server version as well? It seems most of the compiled servers do not contain it, and the "minlogin release section" on sourceforge only goes back to 10/04.

I also have a patched client up to 02/05 I found on another of my computers but was wondering if there is an easier way of knowing which server works with what eq client.

Thanks!
Old 12-20-2005, 05:28 AM
mikenune
Discordant

Talking Ha HAH!

Sure, just download the handy-dandy little EQ Version Checker program which you can find here and run it from your EQ folder. It'll tell you what version of EQEMu supports you!
Furthermore THE POSTER assumes no responsibility and makes no warranty, guarantee,
or representation for the content of any web or FTP sites linked to or from this
post.

THE POSTER reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under
which THE POSTER presents information. It is the responsibility of THE READER to
regularly review these terms, conditions, and notices. THE READER understands that
the reading of any content including or covered by this disclaimer constitutes THE
READER's acceptance of and agreement to such changes.

THE POSTER retains the right to in any way alter the content of this post at any
time with or without prior notice to THE READER.
Old 12-20-2005, 06:09 AM
swytchblade
Fire Beetle

you sir, are a GOD.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:04 AM
mikenune
Discordant

Cool

I know. It's tough sometimes, but every once in a while, I get to help the little people. And that makes it all worthwhile
Furthermore THE POSTER assumes no responsibility and makes no warranty, guarantee,
or representation for the content of any web or FTP sites linked to or from this
post.

THE POSTER reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under
which THE POSTER presents information. It is the responsibility of THE READER to
regularly review these terms, conditions, and notices. THE READER understands that
the reading of any content including or covered by this disclaimer constitutes THE
READER's acceptance of and agreement to such changes.

THE POSTER retains the right to in any way alter the content of this post at any
time with or without prior notice to THE READER.