Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-04-2006, 11:35 AM
Aonelyn
Hill Giant

guys just cool it, we are a community, not a freikin pvp server.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:47 PM
bushman77
Hill Giant

Default pvp

Yah make an emu server based on this type of bashing lol, go to do a quest and one of the npc's tal yah to fook off LOL Brilliant I love it
Old 05-04-2006, 11:50 PM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushman77
Yah make an emu server based on this type of bashing lol, go to do a quest and one of the npc's tal yah to fook off LOL Brilliant I love it
I have placed one in the Nexus just for you Boshman ... hah.

www.cheaterz.info
Old 05-05-2006, 01:58 AM
Doughnutz
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdabbs65
Yeah abuse the fourms .. nobody cares
...bash away....
nobody cares that you stab me in that back yet another time..

Perfect quote from another site: it's immature pricks who refuse to read the numerous stickies in every forum pointing out what to do and what not to do that get flamed. Grow up and learn to do your fucking homework before opening your cake hole, junior. EQEmu doesn't like you anymore, and that's why you're getting errors. So go away.
You are blatantly ignoring anything that I have posted if you think I'm just trying to bash and " nobody cares that you stab me in that back yet another time.." -_-

I'm just sick of you not having any positive posts from what I can see. It's bull shit. Anyways, I'm done. I don't want to turn this into a flame thread.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:19 AM
Aonelyn
Hill Giant

also, if anyone has any packets collected, like i know sdabbs has alot, and so does cavedude, if you could please send them to me as well.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:21 PM
Creen
Fire Beetle

Default Didn't want a Cat amongst the Pigeons tbh.

I sincerely apologise for any mis-understanding , i was meaning scorpious2K's DB not Squeakers, i was rather drunk and frustrated at the end of the night/morning after hours of hackin and slashing code knowing full well all i was doing was re-inventing the wheel whilst there was existing DB's that already had what i was trying to do in the first place, didnt even mean to slap my post into this thread /chuckle, don't ya just love alcohol confusion at 3`am.

But the post has opened up some worthwhile information that i haven't spotted before on these forums or on the wiki and that is a bonus

I now understand why Skorps DB won't be available and good call due to amount of his own invested time in basically customizing everything from the ground up, that i did not know and fair enough,.. my mexican hats off to him big-style, that is also what i am doing and tons of others i bet.

I'm looking for a more centralised DB that a crowd can work on together i suppose but hey this is the real world we live in and not there world, ARRRGH !!!.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:37 AM
sdabbs65
Dragon

Default ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creen
I sincerely apologise for any mis-understanding , i was meaning scorpious2K's DB not Squeakers, i was rather drunk and frustrated at the end of the night/morning after hours of hackin and slashing code knowing full well all i was doing was re-inventing the wheel whilst there was existing DB's that already had what i was trying to do in the first place, didnt even mean to slap my post into this thread /chuckle, don't ya just love alcohol confusion at 3`am.

But the post has opened up some worthwhile information that i haven't spotted before on these forums or on the wiki and that is a bonus

I now understand why Skorps DB won't be available and good call due to amount of his own invested time in basically customizing everything from the ground up, that i did not know and fair enough,.. my mexican hats off to him big-style, that is also what i am doing and tons of others i bet.

I'm looking for a more centralised DB that a crowd can work on together i suppose but hey this is the real world we live in and not there world, ARRRGH !!!.
if your offering to share your work I may have some usefull things for you.
see me on my website

www.cheaterz.info
Old 05-06-2006, 07:49 AM
johane
Sarnak

Default These kinds of threads are caused by the "documentation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wize_one
Creen,

before you go spewing things you should get your info straight.

<snip>...
As much as you are correct wize_one I can see where Creen is getting his ideas from. Let's be honest, the documentation for this project is pretty horrible - which is also the case for 95% of other OSS projects. Using Search on this site can be some kind of random text generator, and is really only very useful if you know enough about the item searched for that the result will just be a memory trigger (like a man page!!!). As it stands, unless you spend a long time reading irrelevant posts, or even posts like further down this thread (shudder) it's pretty hard to see what the logic is behind a lot of things.

Now I appreciate the effort that people have put into the Wiki, especially the effort put in by FNW and the other devs, but it's still full of outdated and incomplete stuff. The Guidebook thingy is so old that it's close to an archeological document. The Wiki CSS is so cool looking that it hurts my aging eyes (personally I can only read it if I turn off styles in FF, but that is _my_ problem).

Do I want FNW to stop developing the server and fixing bugs, and to spend 6 months fixing the documentation? No way!!! Heck, it's a horrible and thankless task to be trying to find unambiguous, politically correct descriptions of everything needed to document anything, and I'd rather see those who can write good code continue to do so (let's get this clear - I can't write _good_ code. I _can_ write horrible, non-maintainable code that bites you on the ass 5 years down the line though!!!).

Now once upon a time I worked with RMS on the early incarnations of what became the GDP (Gnu Documentation Project). That experience makes me believe that docs need to be centrally controlled, but not by the lead programmer (as an aside did you know that RMS has a way of punctuating that makes English prose look like an unholy hybrid of C and LISP?). The catch is that devs typically know the system so well that they can't see the issues and problems that "bad" docs have for neophyte users.

Now that 7.0.0 is out, there's a good chance that the number of users will climb (wan't that one of the reasons titanium was supported?). My belief is that if someone takes some care to improve the quality of the docs then this should reduce the number of stupid questions on this forum, reduce the number of ill-considered postings (like this one for example!) and maybe even allow people who might be great GMs but terrible Computer techs run interesting and fun servers.

Ontopic:

It's pretty clear that Creen doesnt actually realise what a horrible and difficult task it would be to "merge" different people's databases. The sad thing is that the rest of this thread doesnt explain that, instead it's a bunch of people carrying on like LOADING...PLEASE WAIT