Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 07-23-2006, 03:29 PM
MogManX4444
Fire Beetle

Default a question i have

ok, so im new to the eq emu thing, i been playing eq since 1999, and this sounds like a good idea, the thing i find completely ridiculous is that, i have several copies of eq, platinum, por, velious, luclin, kunark, basic, LoY, PoP, yet i can't play...because i have platinum...not titanium, you say, just go buy it....i've bought the game, several times, and with expansions alone, have probably spent over 100 dollars.....i want to play emu, and have done everything i have read to do on forums, yet, when i get to the server select screen...it's just blank...please, if theres anything you can do to help, anyone, please post it
Old 07-23-2006, 04:36 PM
mattmeck

Ok, this is explained hundreds of times in this forum but just for you I will explain it again.

We can NOT hand out back patches this is against the law and will get us shut down.

we have 2 choices

#1. Stay current with the latest live patch

#2. Freeze at a disk install

option #1 we did for years, months and months would go by where new people just could not join. Fetures were way behind live and more became broke as EQ changed stuff and we were trying to stay current so they couldnt be fixed.

Option 2 means new people need to buy the disks but we never have to chase live and fetures can be fixed and new stuff made to work.

There is no way to play without buying Titanium, either you buy it or you dont play. Nothing anyone says will change this, if you dont want to buy it, then dont, you just cant use EQEmu.
Old 07-23-2006, 04:56 PM
MogManX4444
Fire Beetle

k, ty i guess ill have to see if my friend will lend me his copy of titanium, screw dishing out another 20 bucks to sony...im pretty much done giving them all my money
Old 07-23-2006, 10:24 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MogManX4444
k, ty i guess ill have to see if my friend will lend me his copy of titanium, screw dishing out another 20 bucks to sony...im pretty much done giving them all my money
Nothing to get mad over.

Look at it this way:
How much does it cost per month to play EQ LIve?
EQEMU servers come with a 20.00 "lifetime" membership.

At this point, I really don't think Sony cares if you buy the game or not - in fact, they'll give you the free download (note:that doesn't work for us). The 20.00 you pay for Titanium more like covers their expense and lets stores like Walmart make some money. Where Sony makes their money is in the monthly membership fees, and hopes you buy their expansions.