Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 10-30-2006, 11:21 AM
Rhodan
Hill Giant

Well, its turning out that editing the NPCs really is a viable option and probably the more practicle thing to do. Thanks to folks here and on Cavedude's site (search is handy!) I've gotten lots of ideas how to modify mobs etc to tone them down.

What I haven't found yet is an easy way to increase health and mana regeneration rates for players. I do have an idea though!

This version of EQ (Titanium) supports charms and augs and I'm hoping EQEmu does as well. In Live, you get a kobold charm for completing the newbie zone quests. I'm thinking I could add this charm (which turns out to be one of the better ones in end game) that comes fitted with flowing thought and regeneration augs. THese would be removable so you could transfer them to a new charm if you choose to change later on. Of course they would be no-drop so you couldn't make 8 characters and get 8 augs all packed into one charm

I saw an item creation tutorial around here someplace. I'll have to go looking again.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:15 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodan
Well, its turning out that editing the NPCs really is a viable option and probably the more practicle thing to do.
~does the Snoopy dance~

Before you get all happy about augs, be prepared for some of the GoD+ ones to plain not work, or have no stats. The data is in the tables, but it doesn't show up in the client, nor enhance your char. There are plenty that do, and in fact I was told by professional melees that a Ferocity III aug is better than a +100 HP aug. Not sure what that all means, but it sounds cool.

~wanders off to put on a dress and waggle his fingers~

What do I know. I just blow sh*t up.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:27 PM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Yes, currently the newest augs are not in and am not even sure aug forges even work correctly. I have not even got that far with playing the game.

Do the augmented items actually work?- I do know their table:field structs are there.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//
Old 10-30-2006, 05:10 PM
Rhodan
Hill Giant

Ok, just in case someone is searching on "solo" and hits this thread:

Change all the newb monsters from warrior class to bard. This gets rid of the kick attack which is deadly to new characters

UPDATE npc_types SET class=8 WHERE class=1 and level < 8;

Then turn off poison attacks for mobs less than level 5 or so

UPDATE npc_types SET spell_list_id=0 WHERE spell_list_id = 44 AND level < 5;

This works great for Kelethin and Halas newbie areas. Have to try the others yet - particularly the high elves and evil races. Haven't been there for so long I can't even remember what they fight.